·
Premium Member
181,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alexandra Stevenson d. Rossana Neffa De Los Rios 6-1 6-4 :(

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Go Alex :). I hope your attitude improves with each win.

·
Premium Member
181,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
changed it to 6-1 6-4
either it said 6-4 6-4 or i read it wrong :eek:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,314 Posts
Way to go Alex! Next is Silvia Farina Elia, you can do it!!!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Are any other results in yet?

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Wow Anastassia...wow! :D Eggy is going to be thrilled when he sees this!

She has a really great shot at the semifinals! :bounce:

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,414 Posts
Rodionova def. (8) Tu 7-6, 7-5 :fiery: :mad: :fiery:

Weingartner def. Drake 6-1, 6-7, 6-4 :fiery: :fiery: :mad: :fiery: :fiery:

damn, close losses :( can't believe Maureen lost to Marlene who's been in pitiful form :confused: at least the first round win should be enough to push her just into the top 100.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Thanks for the results everyone.

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
Randy, I think Maureen can make it inside the top 100 with her first round win. I wanted her to win this match to seal the deal :(. I love Maureen's attitude and her commitment to the game. This will probably be her best year ever.

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,414 Posts
I love Maureen too, she's a fiery competitor on court, but off-court she is a very pleasant, and friendly person too which makes me like her all that much more.

There's no reason why she shouldn't or can't be consistently in the top 100. Her fiestiness does help her often, but it's a fine line between putting that emotion all on the line and going a bit too overboard to the point where she can sometimes lose the plot a bit and lack focus. In 1999 she was able to control that, and it brought her all the way up to #49 in the world along with some solid wins and results, particularly in reaching the 4th round of the Australian Open, 3rd round of Key Biscayne, and the semis of Cairo. Unfortunately injuries did play a part in her sliding back down some, but I hope that she can keep building off her wins and get back to a steady top 100 spot. :)

·
Premium Member
181,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nastya:bounce: :D

way to go Anastassia :D

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
I saw Rodionova at the US Open and the girl has got the goods, she just needs to put it together. She gets overly aggressive sometimes. Its very all or nothing with her...much like Reeves.

Great win for her :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts