Tennis Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
17,697 Posts
I wonder what Jelena would do if she got that far! :lol: She's due to play Rosmalen too. :tape: :help:
It's the best thing that could happen to her, if she had to withdraw. Why bother playing those Tier IIIs, there's Wimbledon afterwards, and she has to go far there. :)

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
I had tickets for today which meant driving down to Birmingham from Manchester. But when I saw the weather reports this morning I didn't even bother going. I'm very disappointed as it was a great line-up on Centre Court. I wanted to see Daniela get her Top 10 place back.

British weather sucks.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Maria Kirilenko will begin in centre court Friday vs. Jankovic.
2nd : Sharapova vs Paszek
3rd : Hantuchova Daniilidou

afternoon : the QF ;)

·
What's this?
14,651 Posts
I had tickets for today which meant driving down to Birmingham from Manchester. But when I saw the weather reports this morning I didn't even bother going. I'm very disappointed as it was a great line-up on Centre Court. I wanted to see Daniela get her Top 10 place back.

British weather sucks.
You had the right idea! I've just got back and it was frustrating because every time they took the covers off it started to rain straight away! I waited there until they said no play before 5pm but the skies really didn't look too promising

·
Registered
152 Posts
Maria Kirilenko will begin in centre court Friday vs. Jankovic.
2nd : Sharapova vs Paszek
3rd : Hantuchova Daniilidou

afternoon : the QF ;)

Sure ? Where have you seen that? :)

·
Registered
15,097 Posts
You had the right idea! I've just got back and it was frustrating because every time they took the covers off it started to rain straight away! I waited there until they said no play before 5pm but the skies really didn't look too promising
So frustrating for you! :hug:

When I went last year there were a lot of matches held over from rain the day before so there was a lot going on. It was hard to decide what to watch. Even then it rained for a couple of hours over lunch and was pretty cold too.

Today was obviously far worse. Unfortunately it was also the only day I could go. Maybe next year I should just wait for a dry day and try to buy tickets at the gate.

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
Yeah, I did the same thing...I left when they announced no play before 5pm and only the first three matches would go on and I thought, "I seen Sharapova play tons of times already, I don't need to hang around 'in case' she plays"...so I left. I've never had this happen on me before...however, the grounds girls were of great entertainment value at times (because they must have been peeved too) and then that cat appeared on centre court out of no where! :lol:

Where about were you on Centre? I was the one in the orange water proof jacket on stand C...my very best attempt at keeping dry apart from my butt got soaked...every other part of my body remained dry!

I'm back there on Saturday but I so wanted to see Dani/Eleni and Jankovic...:mad:

Rache

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
At least one result today from Birmingham, and its not very good:

Chan/Chuang d. Craybas/Krajicek w/o

Why? :confused:

·
What's this?
14,651 Posts
So frustrating for you! :hug:

When I went last year there were a lot of matches held over from rain the day before so there was a lot going on. It was hard to decide what to watch. Even then it rained for a couple of hours over lunch and was pretty cold too.

Today was obviously far worse. Unfortunately it was also the only day I could go. Maybe next year I should just wait for a dry day and try to buy tickets at the gate.
Same here I could only go today as well but it wasn't all that bad it's a nice little place and you feel really close to the courts, just a shame it was raining today. It sounds better to turn up on a dry day instead of pre-booking :)

Yeah, I did the same thing...I left when they announced no play before 5pm and only the first three matches would go on and I thought, "I seen Sharapova play tons of times already, I don't need to hang around 'in case' she plays"...so I left. I've never had this happen on me before...however, the grounds girls were of great entertainment value at times (because they must have been peeved too) and then that cat appeared on centre court out of no where! :lol:

Where about were you on Centre? I was the one in the orange water proof jacket on stand C...my very best attempt at keeping dry apart from my butt got soaked...every other part of my body remained dry!

I'm back there on Saturday but I so wanted to see Dani/Eleni and Jankovic...:mad:

Rache
Oh the cat was so funny he just kept coming back! :lol: I was on Stand C as well wearing a purply top, holding a black umbrella and looking up at the sky every 30 seconds! :lol:

Yeah it was an awesome line-up today which makes it doubly frustrating! :p But I hope the weather is nice for you on Saturday :)

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
At least one result today from Birmingham, and its not very good:

Chan/Chuang d. Craybas/Krajicek w/o

Why? :confused:
I have no idea....though that was one of the first matches to be cancelled today along with the other doubles matches. Krajicek did have an early exit from the singles which was a little unexpected, so maybe it has something to do with that!? I'm as baffled as you though.

·
-
26,859 Posts
I have no idea....though that was one of the first matches to be cancelled today along with the other doubles matches. Krajicek did have an early exit from the singles which was a little unexpected, so maybe it has something to do with that!? I'm as baffled as you though.
Misa has a right knee injury :sad: I hope that it's not severe and that she can defend her title in s'hertogenbosch and play Wimbledon.

http://downloads.lta.org.uk/webservices/TempResults/070611Birmingham/wdd.pdf

101 - 117 of 117 Posts