Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meghann Shaughnessy (back), Patty Schynder (wrist) and Anna Pistolesi (unknown) have all withdrawn from the Canadian Open that starts on Monday. This is looking to be a rather bad tournament this year and I am not conviced that Amelie and/or Jennifer will play, but if they don't withdraw by this afternoon, then they will most likely play.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Amelie wouldnt withdraw, shes defending champ and is healthy, she played 2 fed cup matches and did fine

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
that really sucks. chanda first then patty. well i'll use my frustrated patty fan outlook and look at the positive that next year she won't have to defend any points in the US hardcourt season. yes we are that desperate.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Maggie&MomoFan said:
Amelie wouldnt withdraw, shes defending champ and is healthy, she played 2 fed cup matches and did fine
:) Yes...I don't get why alot ppl seem to be discounting Amelie for both the Roger's and the US open.She seems to be healthy again and she played the exact same schedule last year and won the Roger's and was a semi finalist at the open...IMO she is one of the faves going into both.If something terrible happened like she trips on the way to the airport and breaks an ankle...I'm sure tournament director Stacey Allister would have to be talked off the top of the CN Tower. :eek:

·
Registered
12,908 Posts
Anna P probbaly pulled out coz shes played two straight weeks in Europe with no rest so pulling out is a good move on her part. I didnt know Meg and Patty were injured though. So many people have already pulled out of this tourney :eek:

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Patty :eek:

·
Banned
6,621 Posts
lizchris said:
Meghann Shaughnessy (back), Patty Schynder (wrist) and Anna Pistolesi (unknown) have all withdrawn from the Canadian Open that starts on Monday. This is looking to be a rather bad tournament this year and I am not conviced that Amelie and/or Jennifer will play, but if they don't withdraw by this afternoon, then they will most likely play.

nobody in the usa knows who these 3 are anyway

·
Premium Member
172,292 Posts
DA BACKHAND said:
Isn't the Canadian Open in Canada?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :worship:

Race for 16th seed hots up
Farina needs to make 3rd rd to oust Shaughnessy

Nadya needs to go QF at least

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.