Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

recently i observed that more and more people are ignoring the rules about posting about matches in progression, especially during "big" and "important" matches and tournaments. it's highly annoying, especially when the threads are called things like "serena just broke her racquet" or "play to her backhand, nathalie!" :help: ... today during the jankovic-wozniacki match, there were at least 5 different threads.

meanwhile you clearly state that "Livescores/discussion when a match is in process are to be posted in the tournament section" and "Before posting a thread, please make sure it is in the right section of the board" here:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=214492

how do you intend to get rid of this problem?

thank you.
beat.

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
Yeah, i agree, it's really annoying, like the threads during JJ's match "she's shouting to her box", "she hyper-extended her knee during a point" etc...

·
Registered
25,232 Posts
good point, I mean GM is not a live scoring thread. hopefully the mods will pay attention to this attention.

·
Dubai Love
52,405 Posts
I can't believe I agree with the threadstarter:eek:
But some threads need to be moved/deleted like the I will be rooting for Tanasugarn thread

·
Premium Member
23,427 Posts
unlike you Casey, i consider reporting posts, a pain in the ass and since i've reported a poster that constantly uses bad languages, multiple times and nothing has been done with him, i dont bother anymore :shrug:

·
Somewhere over the rainbow.
45,490 Posts
it's not because you don't see any open action that nothing was done. Formal warnings and infractions are done via the private messaging system and stays between the poster and the staff.;)

And on the subject of those threads, there is a stickied thread at the top of GM. I close threads like these every single day with usually a note as the last post explaining it. So I don't know what more can be done so everyone gets the message.

·
Premium Member
23,427 Posts
Well im talking about Norts11, AKA Midnight right now :p.

I reported him like 10325892057 times for trolling in mine and barbies thread :p however is still around and still offends people :scared: :bolt:

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Well some people don't want to know the score until the match is over as they might have taped it to watch later or something. It's not really that much to ask users to restrict live scoring threads to the tournament forums - after all that's partly what they're for - yet the guideline gets consistently ignored by posters that should know better.

I wonder if we should provide stronger deterrent though I am loathe to do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts