Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maybe it's just me, but I find it annoying when people can't even type a sentence on a post or thread without making noticable errors. I mean, I understand if your first language isn't english, but if it is come on!!

The thing that gets me the most is when people type loose instead of lose.

Loose is what Jennifer is when she's had a few drinks. And lose is what Jennifer does when she plays a Williams. :p

Does this annoy anyone else!??! :confused:

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sorry, it's just my pet peeve, and to me it says something good about a person if they care about grammar, or try to make things neat and presentable.

I just saw it one too many times and thought I'd write something. But to all you who don't give a damn, I guess it's not really a big deal, just keep it in mind. ;)

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
SeReNeVeNuS said:
Maybe it's just me but I find it annoying when people can't even type a sentence on a post or thread without making noticable errors. I mean I understand if your first language isn't english, but if it is come on!!

The thing that gets me the most is when people type loose instead of lose.

Loose is what Jennifer is when she's had a few drinks. And lose is what Jennifer does when she plays a Williams. :p

Does this annoy anyone else!??! :confused:
i try not to let grammar mistakes bother me, but the loose/lose error, COME ON. lol. Retarded monkeys that fly on trapezes get that right.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
King Lindsay said:
i try not to let grammar mistakes bother me, but the loose/lose error, COME ON. lol. Retarded monkeys that fly on trapezes get that right.

LMAO, I know!! :D And I'd say I've seen that mistake at least 50 times in the last month on this board, but hey maybe we're in for a change.

·
Premium Member
21,309 Posts
Rebecca said:
There are more important things in life that I don't allow myself to get twisted over a grammar error. No offense, but I've always envisioned people who get fussed up over such things as being totally uninteresting.

For that reason, I don't bother to edit any of my posts. I hope that they piss you off good :)
I wouldn't call them uninteresting. Just a little anal :p (and I'm one of them sometimes, lol) We all get picky now and then. It's not a pet peeve of mine incidentally, but we should all encourage good grammar when we can ;)

Anyway, I don't really have a problem with how people write or what they write. It's usually the people with the most drawn out, essay like posts who are the most uninteresting IMO.

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
I dare you to make a post in Spanish without making noticable errors. :p

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
Don't know about your Spanish, but my English is even badder

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Central said:
I dare you to make a post in Spanish without making noticable errors. :p
Yeah, but I said no offense to the people who don't have english as a first language. And still if it was spanish I doubt anyone would confuse the adjective loose(suelto/flojo) with the verb lose(perder.) :)

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
So I can make as many mistakes as I want from now on. Thank you :bounce:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts