Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you happy now?

Top seeds are absolutely crushing their R1/R2 opponents. So many breadsticks and bagels.

frankly, I'm kinda bored :zzz:

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
Frankly, I don't care if you're bored.

It's better that the top players are playing well (Kvitova, Azarenka, Sharapova, Serena, Clijsters, etc)

·
Banned
13,355 Posts
They are well aware that the latter stages are gonna be difficult, they need to save time and energy and crush the scrubs.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
You won't be bored when we get to the 4th round and quarters, it's a lot better being boring now than knowing who is going to win the later rounds like it has been of late.

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
It's amazing that FINALLY top players are playing great...do you want some crap tennis again in r4, qf, sf?! Now there's a chance to see quality matches.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I think it's quite exciting that for once, most of the leading players seem to be hitting some good form at the same time. It's somewhat dull that most of these matches are over without much of a challenge, but how exciting will the second week be when the players are all actually still fresh enough to compete.

When was the last time that so many of the big names have come out this strongly? Considering the last few slams have been wide open because of virtually everyone sucking, it's nice to have everyone actually playing well at the same time for once. It's long overdue.

·
Registered
32,510 Posts
The casual fans don't play attention to the first week.

It's excellent news for the WTA to have all the elite players in the 2nd week for the first time in centuries.

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
Top seed had to play TB yesterday. I hope you enjoyed it.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I actually love this. It's like a miracle having Serena and Kim back playing at the same slam, on good form. And we finally have a couple of youngsteers who can be competitive and are playing well. I'm excited, not bored :)

·
Registered
24,266 Posts
I think it's great. I'd rather see that marquee players actually play well and destroy their early round opponents so that they can go head to head against each other. We've had too many slams where the top players scrape by playing awful tennis and then get upset by the first test.

·
Registered
24,266 Posts
Also, it must be said that the draw gods really gave the top players some easy first and second round opponents. That usually doesn't happen to this degree.

·
Banned
2,969 Posts
Are you happy now?

Top seeds are absolutely crushing their R1/R2 opponents. So many breadsticks and bagels.

frankly, I'm kinda bored :zzz:
You are bored cause you mostly cheer for basic hoes nobody cares for except for you.

It's a good thing. I just hope they play at her best when they meet each others, I don't want those one sided encounters. I must say we had great matches in Sydney between Radwanska/Woz/Li/Azarenka/Kvitova.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Also, it must be said that the draw gods really gave the top players some easy first and second round opponents. That usually doesn't happen to this degree.
This.

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
It doesnt really mean anything. I'll believe we'll have good tennis when I actually see it.

Although it would nice to seem some good competitive tennis in the first week..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts