Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jankovic, a former No. 1, called the loss the "worst match of my career.

"It was a horrible day," she said. "I kept framing the ball, kept making unforced errors and could not put two balls together on the court. I didn't move properly, and I didn't see the ball properly. She didn't have to do too much. Basically, I beat myself. I don't know what happened out there. I am ashamed of this performance."

·
Isha > Your fave
26,632 Posts
Arent Jelena fans always complaing about how Serena never gives her opponent any credit? lol. Any goot attacking player can beat a pusherlike Jankovic anyways.If a player with a good attacking game says it, then it is understandable.

First she copies serena by trying to build muscle and develop an attacking game, and now this!

·
Banned
3,492 Posts
Why doesn't she just say: 'I'm crap?'

·
Registered
2,180 Posts

"It was a horrible day," she said. "I kept framing the ball, kept making unforced errors and could not put two balls together on the court. I didn't move properly, and I didn't see the ball properly. She didn't have to do too much. Basically, I beat myself. I don't know what happened out there. I am ashamed of this performance."
What match is she referring to?

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
^To be fair pushers usually don't commit as many UEs as Janko did today. Now let's see if she gets any flack for saying she beat herself- cuz we all know when a certain someone says that people here give her hell for it... lol

·
Registered
5,285 Posts
If she keeps playing like this, I doubt she will ever win a grandslam.

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
Serena should sue her for illegal use of "I beat myself" ™

Reactions: Pureracket

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i really hate it how so many people on this board seem to hate jelena for no reason. she can't say anything right or so it seems.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
At least she's admiting she playing like crap, which she is. I kind of feel bad for her, I've not watched Dubai but she looked dog tired against Mauresmo in Paris. Her new body really isn't helping her and she seemed to be having alot of trouble with her feet. It's a shame because when I think back to USO 08, I remember how happy JJ was to just out on court playing in a gs final.

·
Registered
52,357 Posts

Didn't Clijsters say this once? Copycat! Just kidding. :p

I guess JJ is so upset, she forgot to give her opponent some credit. It happens. ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
JJ also said

“I think this is one of the worst matches in my career, to be honest,” Jankovic, who surrendered the number one ranking to Serena Williams at the Australian Open, told reporters.

“For like 15 games I didn’t put the ball on the court. For me it was horrible. My goal was to put two balls on the court and I couldn’t do it. I never played a bad match like this before. I basically gave her the match. I played so badly it was tough for me to even be there on the court.”

copyrenavic:drool::kiss:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
did kanepi play some spectacular tennis? i'm sure judging by the score that jelena played badly, so she said she played badly and it still isn't wnough for some people here. you people will bash her just being alive. get off her case already, its getting boring.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
i really hate it how so many people on this board seem to hate jelena for no reason. she can't say anything right or so it seems.
oh there are reasons...plenty of them

1) drama queen
2) unnecessary injury timeouts
3) over 20 calls for trainer in 2008
4) unprofessional
5) epitome of bending rules
6) annoying, overbearing coach
7) always looking at her box for clues/challenges
8) str8t pusher
9) complainer - big time complainer at that

Shall I continue...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
:shrug: Everyone has bad days. There's nothing wrong with saying you beat yourself, but you should at least give your opponent some credit. I like Jelena but she should have given credit to her opponent. Well, she didn't right? I haven't seen the whole interview.

·
Registered
116 Posts
oh there are reasons...plenty of them

1) drama queen
2) unnecessary injury timeouts
3) over 20 calls for trainer in 2008
4) unprofessional
5) epitome of bending rules
6) annoying, overbearing coach
7) always looking at her box for clues/challenges
8) str8t pusher
9) complainer - big time complainer at that

Shall I continue...

10) Classless mother always "Come on JJ Come on " when there is quiet and you are prepared for next point

1 - 20 of 82 Posts