Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My prediction:She'll start to live up to all the promise she showed in 2004.I think she'll be the youngster who starts to get it together against the big guns first.I'm not saying she'll win slams this year,or anything,but she'll be a player the elite group have to take pretty seriously.Needs to get over her choking,but she'll get there soon enough.Amelie is a beacon for chokers.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised. Lots of players have sophomore slumps, and 2005 was exactly that for Tati. If her ankle stays healthy, she could break top 15. The first time she closes out a tough match like that against a top player will do wonders for her.

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
I hope that she will come though.

I would not know who to cheer on for when Mary decides to hang her boots up

Mark

Reactions: Declan

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah, I think, she improved a lot physically, now she has to work on her backhand, but well, i think she can do well this year!

·
Registered
23,559 Posts
i think she has hired brad no? maybe he is doing his job very well

·
29,998 Posts
But she wasn't having the same results 3 years ago :rolleyes: She nearly beat 2 top class players.
If she gets better, which she will, she is gonna do a lot of damage!
:hearts: Tati :)

·
Banned
4,554 Posts
tennisjay said:
Didn't people say that about her 3 yrs ago.
So?

On a different subject ..... who's your fave?

·
Banned
649 Posts
Justine Fan said:
So?

On a different subject ..... who's your fave?
Thanks for asking my favorites are

1. Serena
2. Kim
3. Venus
4. Justine
5. Lindsay
6. Demetiava (sp)
7. Momo
8. Patty
9. Myskina
10. Petrova
11. Hingis

·
Banned
4,554 Posts
tennisjay said:
Thanks for asking my favorites are

1. Serena
2. Kim
3. Venus
4. Justine
5. Lindsay
6. Demetiava (sp)
7. Momo
8. Patty
9. Myskina
10. Petrova
11. Hingis
Oh right!

Didn't some of your faves have bad years? Ahem!!

Just because they said that about Tati 3 years ago, doesn't mean anything. She had a bad year last year but this year hopefully she'll have a damn good year. That's how it goes! You should know that being a tennis fan shouldn't you?

I for one think she's the best out of the youngsters and I hope she will go far. She's on my fan list that for sure!

·
Banned
649 Posts
Justine Fan said:
Oh right!

Didn't some of your faves have bad years? Ahem!!

Just because they said that about Tati 3 years ago, doesn't mean anything. She had a bad year last year but this year hopefully she'll have a damn good year. That's how it goes! You should know that being a tennis fan shouldn't you?

I for one think she's the best out of the youngsters and I hope she will go far. She's on my fan list that for sure!

She might have a good year in 2006, but let’s not get crazy I don’t she has a Grandslam anywhere in her future; I’ll go on to say that there girls in the juniors coming up that has a better chance than Tati at winning a slam.

·
Registered
12,922 Posts
what do u mean by her year???

GS champ, finalist, semi, tier 2???

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tennisjay said:
She might have a good year in 2006, but let’s not get crazy I don’t she has a Grandslam anywhere in her future; I’ll go on to say that there girls in the juniors coming up that has a better chance than Tati at winning a slam.
Name some then.There must be tons according to you.I don't remember you saying anything good about any youngster.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kunal said:
what do u mean by her year???

GS champ, finalist, semi, tier 2???
Hard to tell.She's one of those players who will take a little longer to really get it together,because she's more tactical,and not really a power player,thought she hits hard enough.Her head is the biggest hurdle at the moment.She needs confidence against the big guns.I just think that she is one player who can consistently compete,stay on court with them,and occasionally beat them.I don't think any of the other young players can at this point.I think she will make top 15 this year if she stays fit.
As for the titles,that will take more time.But I think that now that she has been through her sophomore slump,I just see her getting better.No plateau in the near future.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:bigcry: :bigcry: !!

Aaaargh!!! So close!
Her time will come soon. She just needs some luck. She's more talented than sharapova. :p

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
tennisrox said:
:bigcry: :bigcry: !!

Aaaargh!!! So close!
Her time will come soon. She just needs some luck. She's more talented than sharapova. :p
Amen... :D :p (you know I agree with you there)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
26,373 Posts
Well this injury may haunt her, Groenefeld was on a similar rise last yr when it happened and then she like lost 8 of her next 9 matches...

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
stop being so dramatic. she was one point away from 6-3, 6-1. although she did handily defeat dementieva, which was very very impressive.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts