Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'll just cut to the chase. It seems many posters on this board do not know the difference between loose and lose. They are two different words. The one you are trying to use is lose, with a SINGLE "O".

L O S E.

That's it. One "O", not two.

Repeat after me:

L

O

S

E

One "O" not two.

L-O-S-E.

That's it! Congratulations! You can now spell lose/loser, etc. Atleast, I hope so!

You may take a bow!

P.S: I know this is Hurley's job, but he wasn't doing a good enough job. :p

·
Banned
3,628 Posts
hingis-seles said:
Ok, I'll just cut to the chase. It seems many posters on this board do not know the difference between loose and lose. They are two different words. The one you are trying to use is lose, with a SINGLE "O".

L O S E.

That's it. One "O", not two.

Repeat after me:

L

O

S

E

One "O" not two.

L-O-S-E.

That's it! Congratulations! You can now spell lose/loser, etc. Atleast, I hope so!

You may take a bow!

P.S: I know this is Hurley's job, but he wasn't doing a good enough job. :p
Repeat after me:
I am a P_E_D_A_N_T and I like to kiss peoples asses. Today, it's Hurley's turn.

Somebody move this to non-tennis.

·
Registered
83 Posts
somebody is frustrated
:rolleyes:
be good and forgive these people.
Not everybody comes from an english-speaking country.
The most important thing is that we understand eachother.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
I have to say this is something I am forever doing, I think if we had a spelling test I would loose it.

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
eta psi said:
Repeat after me:
I am a P_E_D_A_N_T and I like to kiss peoples asses. Today, it's Hurley's turn.

Somebody this to non-tennis.
My stalker has returned! eta piss, you're obsession with me is quite disturbing.

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Juju_La_Terreure said:
somebody is frustrated
:rolleyes:
be good and forgive these people.
Not everybody comes from an english-speaking country.
The most important thing is that we understand eachother.
I'm not from an English-speaking country. However, I should add that most of the posters who make this mistake are Americans.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Looks like you could be able to lose yourself, should you be let on the loose.

See how I can use the two words in a same sentence I made up just for you, hingis-seles... I must be really good... :p and I'm not even a native English speaker...

Anyway: you're right! :worship:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I slept bad last night, worked this morning. I am tired so don't expect me to spell well;)

·
Banned
3,628 Posts
hingis-seles said:
My stalker has returned! eta piss, you're obsession with me is quite disturbing.
How am I your stalker? I replied to two (including this one) of your not so great threads. I never insulted you by calling you names unlike what you are doing now. I just want you to have your own opinion and not someone's borrowed comments. That's all. And, have a great day.

Tell me, didn't the title of your thread invite everyone to get in and reply? I didn't know it excluded me from "all"?

·
Keeper of Secrets
9,281 Posts
lol I won't be winning a spelling competition anytime soon, but the misspelling of lose can get be quite annoying considering when it's done by people living in English speaking countries- making the same mistake over and over again.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
eta psi said:
How am I your stalker? I replied to two (including this one) of your not so great threads. I never insulted you by calling you names unlike what you are doing now. I just want you to have your own opinion and not someone's borrowed comments. That's all. And, have a great day.

Tell me, didn't the title of your thread invite everyone to get in and reply? I didn't know it excluded me from "all"?
I'm quite an opinionated person and I don't need to borrow people's comments and opinions. Don't even get me started on posters spelling piece as peice. A typo is one thing, but these are repeated mistakes.

Yes, my thread invited everyone, including you, however it seems to me, that you don't care what I post as long as my username is next to it, you'll start off with your rants. The thread I posted yesterday was speculation as to why certain posters behave the way they do and this thread is trying to let posters know how to spell a word properly.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
if the author of this thread is intelligent, he/she/it would know that this isn't the appropriate forum for this bullshit thread.:yawn:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts