Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi1.usatoday.com/mchat/20030522008/tscript.htm

some of the more lovely selections:

Houston, Texas.: With Serena and Venus seeding 1 and 3 at this year French Open, is there going to be another all Williamses final?

Stephen Borelli: They can't meet in the final. They will be on same side of the draw. If they play, it will be in the semis.

[...]

Montreal, Canada: Is it true since Andre and Juan Carlos Ferrero are 2 and 3 seeds they can't be in the same side of the draw? Usually the number 1 seed get the 3rd seed? Is this true i have a bet going on with a buddy?

Stephen Borelli: Yes, that is correct. Agassi and Ferrero won't be on the same side of the draw by nature of them being the 2 and 3 seeds.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
what a looooser.... =D

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Here's another good one:

Miami: I think Guillermo Coria is a sleeper who can sneak up to a title. What do you think?

Stephen Borelli: I think that's going a little too far. He hasn't done much in his career at Grand Slams and he had a stint on the Challenger circuit as early as last season.
-----

Of course, he ignores the Hamburg title of a week ago in favour of challenger results a year ago... he also neglects to mention WHY Coria was playing a couple challengers in the first place.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,021 Posts
The thing is, that with a likelihood of about 20% he could be right on all three accounts.. What will you say then?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ys said:
The thing is, that with a likelihood of about 20% he could be right on all three accounts.. What will you say then?
Uh, he isn't right.

It might pan out the way he says but the reasons he gives are completely wrong!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Yes, he may be correct on all counts when the draw comes out, BUT that would be a coincidence. I think that at this point, it is a bit presumptuous for him to flat out say that #1 & #3 will be in the same half, or #2 & #3 can't meet until the finals.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts