Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aix-en-Provence

(1)(WC)Arnaud Clement (FRA) (!) vs (q)
Nicolas Thomann (FRA) vs Fernando Meligeni (BRA)
(SE)Gilles Muller (EVILUX) vs (q)
(7)Marc Rosset (EEW) vs Hugo Armando (USA)

(3)Nicolas Escude (FRA) (!) vs Kristof Vliegen (BEL)
(WC)Thierry Ascione (FRA) vs (q)
(WC)Sebastien de Chaunac (FRA) vs (q)
(8)Mariano Puerta (ARG) vs Attila Savolt (HUN)

(6)Rafael Nadal (ESP) vs Michael Llodra (FRA)
Robert Kendrick (USA) vs (WC)Julien Varlet (FRA)
(SE)George Bastl (SUI) vs Scott Draper (AUS)
(4)Julien Boutter (FRA) vs Vadim Kutsenko (UZB)

(5)Thomas Enqvist (SWE) (!!!!!!!!) vs Jan Vacek (CZE)
Richard Gasquet (FRA) vs Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo (ESP)
Peter Luczak (AUS) vs Tomas Zib (CZE)
(2)Fabrice Santoro (FRA) (!!!!) vs Jacobo Diaz (ESP)

wtf?! :D

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
No kidding :eek:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Hmm... note the French presence amongst the seedings. In a way, you could say this is no different to the Americans crowding around their home event in Houston. As for some of the other players - well, Enqvist is really getting desperate.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Challengers are a bit different than ATP tourneys; they are often stuffed with home players no matter where the country.

Still, I can't believe some of the names in that draw! :eek:

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
MrsTheBoiledEgg said:
That's some challenger!

What prize money is this? And is it next week (sorry for my ignorance here)
Its listed as (Euro)125,000+H

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
most European players prefer to stay in Europe to prepare for RG. most Americans (and players from relatively nearby countries) prefer to play closer to home before making the trek to red clay. duh :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tennischick said:
most European players prefer to stay in Europe to prepare for RG. most Americans (and players from relatively nearby countries) prefer to play closer to home before making the trek to red clay. duh :rolleyes:
Well thank you very much, captain obvious. What does that have to do with this thread?

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Rebecca said:
Well thank you very much, captain obvious. What does that have to do with this thread?
hey troll:
aren't you pointing out that a challenger event in France has attracted a better field than a higher level tourny in Houston?

well i'm explaining why. double duh :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tennischick said:
hey troll:
aren't you pointing out that a challenger event in France has attracted a better field than a higher level tourny in Houston?

well i'm explaining why. double duh :rolleyes:
Is "troll" your nickname for me, because you don't like my "attitude"? Apologies that we can't all reach the class of self righteous bitch that you have.. I'll try harder.

You've explained something obvious in a condescending tone, and something that I myself have pointed out in various threads.

You've also taken the time to do it in a thread that was merely presenting an observation over what a fine field this is for a challenger, using Houston as an example. I could well have used Copenhagen, but Houston was a much more recent memory.

I would use "double duh" for having to explain this to you, but I'm not twelve years old.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
hey troll:
at the end of your initial post you asked "wtf?" which suggested a query over why Aix-en-Provence had attracted a better field than Houston.

i chose to answer the question.

to me the answer seemed perilously obvious.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts