Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No, I'm not talking about her ranking.

First, in Antwerp, they handed her a golden diamond-loaded racquet that she only got to hold for minutes!

Now, noted in the Daily Sanex Notes for the Dubai tournament
http://64.200.64.37/assets/story_pdf/Dubai_Wednesday.pdf :

Venus Tastes Middle Eastern Culture
Venus Williams, who will assume the world No.1 ranking next Monday, became acquainted with the opulent Burj Al Arab Hotel at Jumeirah Beach, also widely regarded as the world's best. The American, seeded No.1 this week in Dubai, sampled local fare, perfumes and fashions, and also (briefly) wore a vest made from 5kg of 24-karat gold, comprising 70,000 gold links and worth approximately US$500,000.

Maybe Dubai should offer it to her if she wins the tournament 3 times in the next five years. :eek: Bet you she comes back. :p

What next?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
They should stop teasing Venus. It's widely known how much she admires lavish jewels. Yeah, I figured she didn't purchase that vest. It's said to be worth $360,000 American dollars. She does look good in it though. :cool:

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny, that WTA...

I'm beginning to think that this is the WTA's round-about attempt at getting Venus to commit more. ;)

(j/k)

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
hmmm, possible

It's a bribery! "Tempt her with diamonds and gold. That'll keep her coming back for more. She'll play with a fractured arm and a dislocated hip to take these lovely parting gifts home." Hehe, what a conspiracy.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Shoot all the money she makes she only needs to go out a buy the diamond encrusted vest.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts