Tennis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am kind of in a nice mood right now, and I feel really bad about how mean I've been to Amelie, a woman I don't even know and haven't met. So, to repent, I decided to make a list of all of her qualities that I really truly admire.

1. She is an openly homosexual public figure. Can we say "courage"? I can't even imagine how hard that must have been for her, and yet she acts like it's no big deal. She seems like a really strong person in that way.
  2. She does so much work with charity. I remember her building houses for Habitat last year, and I just thought, "what a cool, sweet woman." Her saying, "Everyone needs a roof over their (sic.) head" just really made me respect her so much. It's easy enough to give money when you are a well off celebrity, but to give of your time, now that's something special.
  3. She always has something nice to say, win or lose. She can be mean sometimes, but, more often than not, she is sweet. I admire resentless, kind people so much. It is very hard not to be mean in this world.
  4. Her game can be beautiful. She volleys so well, and just does so many things on court that are sooooo pretty.
  5. She understands her weak points. This is very very hard to do. When Justine was the biggest choker on tour, she would never admit to it. She eventually must have to herself, because she got over it, but she would deny it continually. Amelie knows that she is mentally fragile, especially at home. That's really cool, because our own faults are always the hardest to see.
Really, the only thing that I dislike about her is that she seems a bit over ranked, and that is just so silly, because it isn't her fault! I mean, I really am vicious to her, and it would be asinine to ask her to voluntarily rank herself lower:eek: . And it isn't like I think she's bad. I actually think that she COULD be a legit no. 1 or 2 or 3, but she just so rarely shows her best tennis when it counts, which I guess frustrates me. But I shouldn't take out my frustration on her, because she must be even more so when she doesn't perform her best. So yeah, I am going to try to be a lot nicer to Momo from now on.:D

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
thanks mboyle. I know that we've been to each others head about Amelie, but I find it awesome that you have so many nice things to say about her.
And I actually thank you for that, because to Momo fans, it means a lot.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Amelie :)

mboyle said:
  1. She is an openly homosexual public figure. Can we say "courage"? I can't even imagine how hard that must have been for her, and yet she acts like it's no big deal. She seems like a really strong person in that way.

1. Yeah speaking on a personal level I totally admire Amélie for that cos that's sort of what drew me to her at first I have to admit....rather than her tennis which I love as well.
    When I was just at that pretty bad "not knowing how to deal with this" stage I got confidence seeing someone like Amélie being free about it and I just think when there's someone you have that in common with you tend to be on their side and root for them [for me anyway].
    Also there's no out male player [although I am sure there is some.......(hoping for Tommy Haas)] so Amélie was the bravest one for me to look to.

And then I realised what a great game and style she had so I became an even bigger fan.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Well, she was on Belgian TV a couple of times last week, as it was a Belgian tournament. She gives the impression to be a really sweet person, she is also literally softspoken, has a nice voice. Another thing is that she seems really intelligent, which might be a handicap coz maybe she thinks too much, esp. in big matches. But it did not prevent her from performing an amazing come-back in that match against Venus.
WTG, Amélie and together with Kim, there is no way you can end your career without winning a Slam.

·
Banned
658 Posts
What I love about Momo is that she is an interesting off the court as she is on the court. There's a lot going in that pretty French head of hers. :worship:

Reactions: stenen and vertigo

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
You speak the truth mboyle, she's one of these players that just makes you like them more and more every time you seem them. She has a lot of admirable qualities that i would love to have myself.

I wish her all the success that she deserves, because she really does deserve it :yeah:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Here is a good quote that I always live by and one that I think is fitting in describing Momo's genuine demeanor:

"Guard well within yourself that treasure - kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness."

What's not to love about this girl? :)

·
Banned
16,206 Posts
Amélie is just "unique" as a player but also as an human being that's the reasons why I admire and love her so much :hearts:

she definetly is a great player and really deserve a Grand slam that I'm sure one day she will win. :rocker2:

Allez Amé!!! change pas surtout!!!! :kiss: :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.