• Kim Clijsters One of Three

Votes: 20 31.7%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, the dust has settled and now entering the second week the true contenders for the second grand slam of the year emerge: Eager, fresh faced, russian pups hunting to claim new kills; a lone proud matriarch seeking one last moment of glory; a triumervate of hungry contenders eyeing each other, the battle, and the prize with anticipation; a battled tested loner seeking to prove herself to the world's elite; and finally the leader of the pack the huntress herself zeroing in on the big prize like a seeker missile.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I think it'll be Kim, Nadia or Serena. I went for Kim on the poll but I'm still undecided.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I voted Serena - how could I not with the Grand Slam record she has going right now. But of course anything can happen (thats tennis for you). I actually hope that Amelie wins her 1st GS here.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with serena as well, though kim comes in a very close second and then justine.

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
Serena, Kim, Justine... in that order.

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
I can't see anyone else but Serena Kim Justine or Amelie winning

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Serena

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
Though Serena Serena sometimes looks vulnerable on clay, she seems to be psychotically competitive. I have to go with her.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I will be shocked if Kim doesn't win...like how I will be shocked if Conchita wins more than 3 games against her in the quarterfinals.

Everyone else will be knocked about silly by the time they reach Kim. (Unless Momo, Juju, Chanda or Serena decide to lie down and play dead for one of their matches against one another.)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I voted for serena even though kim has the easiest draw. She faces conchita then a russian while serena would potentially have to beat two top ten players. Kim has the cakewalk draw compared to the other girls.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I think Serena's draw looks impossible, I think Kim will win since she will probably be a little fresher than the winner of the top half.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I voted for Chanda because I :heart: her. Sure, she has to beat Henin and Serena/Mauresmo, not to mention the winner from the bottom half, but I still love her. Go get 'em Chanda!

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
WATCH OUT FOR ZVONERENVA/PETROVA. Didn't Zvonerva take Kim to 7-5 in the third set at last year's US Open? And hasn't Petrova been gobbling up top players like it's no one's business. Believe me when I tell you these aren't two Clarissa Fernandez's. They are future top 10 players and the future is now as far as they are concerned.

That being said Kim will win it all. ;)

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
o0O0o said:
WATCH OUT FOR ZVONERENVA/PETROVA. Didn't Zvonerva take Kim to 7-5 in the third set at last year's US Open? And hasn't Petrova been gobbling up top players like it's no one's business. Believe me when I tell you these aren't two Clarissa Fernandez's. They are future top 10 players and the future is now as far as they are concerned.

That being said Kim will win it all. ;)
Everyone is a future top 10 player. There are over 10 Russians currently playing who are "future top 10 players". All the current top 10 will roll over for them, Daniilidou, Granville, Harkleroad. Oh, and Alex Stevenson. Let's not forget Alex Stevenson.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts