Tennis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Juan Carlos Fererro became the new men's number one by beating Andre. Maryn said during the Juan Carlos/Andre match that if Justine wins the USO, she will be the new women's number one.

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
Ehh no, Kim stays number 1, she just had to reach the semis.

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kristofke said:
Ehh no, Kim stays number 1, she just had to reach the semis.
Can someone who knows show what the ranking points are as of tonight? That way we can see if Mary was correct or incorrect.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
i dont think justine can get to number if she wins, which will make the rankings even more of a joke and they cant even use the kim is more consistent anymore because justine playes at least 17 tournaments!

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
lizchris said:
Can someone who knows show what the ranking points are as of tonight? That way we can see if Mary was correct or incorrect.
She was incorrect.

NEVER believe commentators, the vast majority of them know nothing about rankings, and usually aren't above fabricating scenarios just to have something to say.

Justine making #1 was impossible BEFORE Kim beat Lindsay.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
iLuVenuSerena said:
i dont think justine can get to number if she wins, which will make the rankings even more of a joke and they cant even use the kim is more consistent anymore because justine playes at least 17 tournaments!
Does Justine have 16 tournament Finals on her current 52 week total? Yes or No?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
disposable - yes, Justine has more than 16 events, actually.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
jenglisbe said:
disposable - yes, Justine has more than 16 events, actually.
That wasn't the question. The issue is, is Kim more consistent. The question was, has Justine been in 16 Singles Finals in the past 52 weeks?

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
iLuVenuSerena said:
I agree with you. This won't be the same situation as when Venus won two Slams in 2000 and people wondered why she wasn't number one because we knew she didn't play close to 17 tournaments. Kim has to win because most of the papers are going to question her number one ranking. It's isn't right, but that's the way it is.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
disposablehero said:
That wasn't the question. The issue is, is Kim more consistent. The question was, has Justine been in 16 Singles Finals in the past 52 weeks?
does Kim have 2 slams, or even one...now that is the real question ;)

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
iLuVenuSerena said:
does Kim have 2 slams, or even one...now that is the real question ;)
2 Slams is not consistency, it is spectacular. Spectacular is the part Kim needs to work on now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts