Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
15,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lovely Kim Clijsters will be no.4 next week, because Martina Hingis will lose her points from last year at Dubai and she will drop to 5... Poor martina :sad:

BUT

This means that Kim Clijsters will be no.4, which is a new career high rank :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay !!!!!!!!

Kim Clijsters :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Congratulations Kim!! You've come a long way! :D :bounce:

·
Spaghetti Warrior
6,944 Posts
Great,but...

I'm happy she's climbing the stairs there, but when will she play again? I hope she's recovering well from her stress fracture and will be able to show she's a real top 5 player.

I supose she will pass Lindsay too soon, but that's a bad thing. Poor Lindsay; out for so long. I hope she's also recovering well.

I expect Martina and Kim will switch places a lot this year, IF they're both healthy.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Yeah :cool: Congrats Kimmy! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
20,610 Posts
Yup, the number 3 spot is up for grabs soon.

What competiton!! I wish Lindsay were here, then we have 5 competitors with a few points of each other, clawing at each other ;) :D

·
Registered
15,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When you take off the points of Scottsdale of last year,
this will be the points when Kim & Martina enter Scottdale next week:

Kim: 3640
Lindsay: 3567
martina: 3558

So Lindsay will drop to 5 and Kim & Martina will play for the no.3 spot :)

Go Kim :bounce:

·
Registered
15,054 Posts
this is rather assuming martina will get 9 points from scottsdale

which of course she will
but just pointing that out

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
Good news for us Martina fans is that Kim beat Martina last year at Indian Wells and made it to the finals which means she will have many more points to defend at Indian Wells than Smartina! I would be surprised if as the year goes on Kim can keep up with Martina. Not because Kim is not a wonderful player but I think Martina is gonna pull away from Kim and then threaten Jennifer and Venus. GO SMARTINA GO!!!:D

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Yay for Kimmie!!!! :bounce: This is going to be a great year for her, it's going to be good to see some competition in the rankings!!

·
4,019 Posts
Yes, Kim has a lot of points to defend at Indian Wells, but she(s playing even better this year, so she has many tournaments where she can go further than last year, like Scottsdale.
So glad that Kim finally reached that top-4!!!
:bounce: :) :cool: :) :cool: :) :bounce:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I'm glad to see little kimmy at #4 now! forget the #5, davenport being sidelined until at least FO, Kim Clijsters will stay at least #4 for a while! Great achievement for someone who started 2001 outside the top10!!!! I'd love to see her reach the #3 spot though! All she has to do is go as far as Hingis in the tournament or beat her if they're in the same half of the draw!!!!!

CONGRATS KIM!!:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts