Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought this might need a thread.
Does anyone else of you like the X-Men?
Since I was a child I had this fascination for superhuman powers, wizards etc. so I've always watched the X-Men cartoons, read their comics and now that there are 2 movies of them, I still find it good to watch. :)

So... what do you guys think was the best movie? 1 or 2?
Who's your fave X-Man and favorite villain?
Who's your least fave X-Man and villain?
What's the coolest mutant ability?
Discuss it all here! :D

EDIT: Warning: This thread may contain spoilers for people who haven't watched the X-Men movies yet!

Reactions: ~CANUCK~ and GBFH

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
X-MEN!!!!! Oh my god, I LOVE the X-Men!!!

Haven't seen the second movie, yet...waiting for my sis to get out of work, we'll see it together. What did you think of the second?

Fave X-Man...I liked Illyana Rasputin, and Mister Sinister the best! Oh MAN, he was a great villain!!!

Least fave...oh, probably Cyclops, hell, the whole Summers family. They bore me...and anything to do with the Upstarts. Don't even know if they have them anymore :eek:

Coolest ability...telepathy. The White Queen's version of telepathy is my favorite....the psi-shielding, the whole thing! It's great!

What was your favorite storyline? I loved the Dark Phoenix saga, The Age of Apocolypse...Phalanx Covenant...the older stuff.

Glenn said:
I thought this might need a thread.
Does anyone else of you like the X-Men?
Since I was a child I had this fascination for superhuman powers, wizards etc. so I've always watched the X-Men cartoons, read their comics and now that there are 2 movies of them, I still find it good to watch. :)

So... what do you guys think was the best movie? 1 or 2?
Who's your fave X-Man and favorite villain?
Who's your least fave X-Man and villain?
What's the coolest mutant ability?
Discuss it all here! :D

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't watched the 2nd movie yet either, I'm gonna watch it tomorrow, can't wait...

I've always liked Mystique a lot, and all the other shapeshifters for that matter, Morph used to be one of my faves too!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know any good site of X-Men, like a database of all the characters and shit?
My memory is so blurry I can't even remember all the mutants.

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
I really like X-Men too... I remember watching the first cartoon when I was younger, in English and didn't understand a thing. I loved the first movie but I think the second one will be even more fun (I will surely see it soon).

My favourite ability and X-Man are Jean Grey and her telekinesis (and telepathic) power. I don't like Wolverine...

On the badies side, I like Mystique and don't like Sabertooth and Toad...

For the best storyline I agree with GBFH choices, especially with the Dark Phoenix, but I would add the Night of the Sentinels. I'm watching occasionally the new cartoon (X-Men : Evolution) and the Sentinels just came in. I think they are scary.
I'd like to see them in a movie...

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I agree with you guys on the storylines, the older X-Men episodes were the best!

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
This is my fancy user title
9,049 Posts
x-men are so cool...im going to see the movie tonight..i can't wait..
fav x-men is iceman
least fav is sabertooth

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
HAH! Thanks Glenn!
Man, I love the White Queen! Especially when she was a baddie :devil: God, anything to do with the Hellfire Club is awesome! I'd so love to get Mr.Sinister in the third movie!! Maybe the Mutant Massacre storyline...or Inferno...or anything to do with Apocolypse!

I love X-Men...does anyone still collect the comics? I stopped around '97. And damnit, they need to get Gambit in these movies!!!

Glenn said:

·
Registered
600 Posts
i saw the 2nd movie yesterday, it's great!! i think it's better than the 1st one. I used to watch the cartoon on tv years ago, it was my favorite, though it's been so long i don't remember much. my fave characters from the movies are Mystique and Storm. :)

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Well i saw the second movie tonight and its great. Theres a really sad ending but i think the next film will have a happy conclusion to the 'cliffhanger'
You can see these films are a series of films more than sequals cos the basis of the film is on different characters.Rogue has a lesser role in this film but Ice man and pyro are bigger characters!

My fav is probably Storm although Halle Berry's acent has completely changed in X-men 2:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I like X-Men too. I didn't read the comics, but the cartoon on TV in the morning and noon was so amazing.

My favourite characters are Storm, Mystique and Gambit.

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
I'm assuming by 'changed' you mean 'no longer exists'?
Not surprising since her accent was rather unconvincing in the first movie.

Argh, I have to wait until tomorrow to see the movie...drat :p

Monica_Rules said:
Well i saw the second movie tonight and its great. Theres a really sad ending but i think the next film will have a happy conclusion to the 'cliffhanger'
You can see these films are a series of films more than sequals cos the basis of the film is on different characters.Rogue has a lesser role in this film but Ice man and pyro are bigger characters!

My fav is probably Storm although Halle Berry's acent has completely changed in X-men 2:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
i remember watching the cartoon every mornin in the holidays when i was little......ok it was like 2 years ago but it was a tradition and i thought o great another crap movie of a great cartoon when i heard they were making a film but when i saw the first one it was well impressed.the graphics and characters were fab. i havent ssen the second one yet but im goin on sunday.
my fave characters are rogue and storm-girl power
my least fave ppl r mystique and magneto
the films rock!!!!!

1 - 20 of 118 Posts