5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and I know this poll has no credibility or taste, but neither does Volcano's

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
None of the options there :p

It should be...

wins all 4 slams in a calender year and wins all 16 tournaments she enters in the year! :D

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would be impossible now..she has won a *cough* tier 3 and a tier 2 by default..has entered a tier 3 next week, which was called a money hungry, desperate grab for points tournament last year by the more vulgar williams fans..so her career seems to be definately on the slides :eek: :p

·
20,610 Posts
She entered a Tier 3 next week :p

Her career is on the rise in fact... she has more ranking points than she has ever had ;) :D

·
20,610 Posts
Of course, of course! :angel:

·
20,610 Posts
Well... I've not :) :p

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me either ..lmao

Stop being so nice otherwise some people are gonna learn the secret that some Williams and hingis fans get on quite well :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reguardless..last year it was described by *cough* certain fans as a money grabbing, desperate grab for points tournament.....now the only difference I see between this year and last is Martina played it last year and Venus is playing it this year. All of a sudden it has credibility....you can almost sink in it couldn't you :p

·
Registered
711 Posts
The WTA is better off if Venus.. my choice "None of the Above" how 'bout..

The WTA is better off if Venus' positive thinking and determination would rub off onto some of the other players
Of course with Venus keeping plenty, plenty for herself:bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Yeah, Adrian-I remember that. Im not much of a Hingis fan, but I remember Martina saying she did it for cultural reasons, she wanted to visit that area, and she just loved being at that tournament. I thought to myself, Isn't that what matters most?

So, yeah, now it has a bit more prestige, and I wonder why? It had more prestige because Martina was NOT afraid to play it, she raised awareness of tennis in other areas. So Martina was a pioneer of sorts for that tournament.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts