Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Fourth-Rounder became an impact player on tour within 3 months, and is now a monster.

The Quarterfinalist spent about 10 months wandering aimlessly, then powered her way into the top 10.

One of the Semifinalists was lost in the woods for two and a half years, then the steak got some sizzle.

What about you, Mirjana?

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Disposable is the last one about Alex?:) Also what is Alex's exact ranking as of right now? You told me before but I forgot.:)

I need your MOJO!:)

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Well, seeing that the time it's taken for them to make an impact has been the reverse of how well they did at Wimbledon 1999 and Mirjana took Steffi to three sets whereas Alexandra won two games against Lindsay (therefore the best performance of the four - tenuous argument I know :)) I think we can give Mirjana a bit more time.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Is the fisrt one Jelena Dokic? And is the seocnd one Kim Clijsters?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
The second one is Dokic. The first one is Clijsters. :D

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
Very true, it took Kim three months before taken the enetual champion Serena into 5-3 in US Open, that match was memorable. I have to say Mirjana is as talented if not more talented than these girls and I am sure she will get onto her stride quickly again.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Its quite funny that the player that did best is now the lower ranked (Lucic got to semis and really pushed graf,stevenson lost easy) and the the player that did worst (Clijsters) is now the highest ranked:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts