Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Banned
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two siblings from the slums dominating the sport is simply amazing. This is without a doubt the best thing that has ever happened in the sport.

· Registered
47,657 Posts
Word!Two BLACK sisters come out of nowhere and dominate a white sport! Pretty good and pretty amazing.

Think Kim and Elke will be both no.1 or win a slam?!

· Registered
24,565 Posts
I admit, I would have picked Rod Laver winning the Grand Slam twice, five years apart. Or possibly Martina Navratilova only losing on match in an entire year.

· Registered
275 Posts
CamilleVidann said:
Two siblings from the slums dominating the sport is simply amazing. This is without a doubt the best thing that has ever happened in the sport.
What's this with the 'slums?
They were from a poor part of town - certainly not from white suburbia but that does not equate with 'slums'.
It might make it sound more interesting but get a grip.

· Registered
17,738 Posts
Well it sure would make a better TV programme the Wynas Brothers

· Banned
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't think of any better story that's ever happened in tennis. Can you?

· Registered
851 Posts
The ultimate rags to riches story. An historically elitist, bourgoise sport. Not playing according to the establishment. Rebels. Two champions from the same family duking it out on the world's largest stages. Battling stereotypes, lies about match fixing and assholes in general. It has everything.

· Banned
1,856 Posts
CamilleVidann said:

CamilleVidann, what is the phuck up with you, dearie...??? Although, not rich, the Williamses were not from the "slums". Did you know that Oracine is an accomplished and professionally trained chef??? And, all of Compton is not, as you say slums??? Biatch, you don't have any idea what a phucking slum is, more less "know that that is where the Sisters are from!!! You, my dear, suffer from severe "jealousy" of the Williamses and can't seem to concentrate on your own miserable little existence. The Sisters are successful and rich, something you, no doubt cannot now or probably ever claim.

Enough already...!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

· Registered
2,579 Posts
Not the best but interesting.

A poor girl from Russia who got her first tennis racket by selling her family's television.She became famous, filled with promises of greatness. But later on, by twist of fate, this girl seemed to have sold back her 'racket'(tennis career) in exchange of 'TV' (media).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.