Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least one of them have regained her form. It's just a matter of time before Venus regains her mental edge. All that talk from around the tour is now water under the bridge.

Serena's trouncing of Jennifer 6-1, 6-1 has sent shockwaves around the tour. Wouldn't you agree.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,233 Posts
Geez, it's just one match BB.

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
hey any interviews of Jenn or Serena i wanna know what Serena said about it. any1?

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
esquímaux said:
Not true!

Remember Capariti beat Serena two times. Now Serena comes back and puts an exclamation point on their rivalry.

Everyone thought that this one match was going to be close. Yet Serena comes out and destroys Jennifer.

Serena had surgery, which took her out of the game and she had an uphill battle to regain her footing. She has.

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
I wouldn´t say it is completely there....but this result is RESOUNDING and sends a LOUD message that the mystique might just be on it´s way back!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
esquímaux said:
That's what I was going to say...
At this stage Serena is on the same level as Sharapova - semifinal.
Let's talk on Saturday.....

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Ballbuster said:
At least one of them have regained her form. It's just a matter of time before Venus regains her mental edge. All that talk from around the tour is now water under the bridge.

Serena's trouncing of Jennifer 6-1, 6-1 has sent shockwaves around the tour. Wouldn't you agree.
No because Serena already sent out shockwaves by winning Miami

Still, I approve of your optimism sweetheart :yeah:.

·
Registered
731 Posts
It is a pretty resounding result, but we cannot forgot how her opponent played. Capriati played rubbish and Serena just took control, not very hard for a former No.1. Serena double faulted on important occasions - she is going to need to watch that.

·
49,001 Posts
at least as far as Serena is concerned. Its iffy for Venus.

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
If Mashara makes the Wimbledon final and that's a big if, I certainly hope the in form and awesome Serena Williams won't be there waiting for her! :eek: :bigcry:

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
There hasn't been "Williams" mystique or domination for a long time. It's been Serena domination. Serena winning doesn't say anything at all about Venus. For what it's worth, I think that things have changed slightly in that Serena is now more vulnerable on clay and, to a lesser extent, rebound ace than she used to be because of Justine/Amelie/Jen but she was always going to be just as dominant on grass and probably hardcourt. Venus, well, it depends on whether she's going to get her act together and really work on her weaknesses. If so, she's got every chance of returning to the top 5.

·
Banned
5,063 Posts
It was never a doubt Serena is and will be the major force of the WTA Tour. She won her first event after being out for more than 6 months.

As for Venus, the ship is sinking and you can't deny it. They are 2 different individuals and she'll have to work hard to comeback at the level she was.

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,951 Posts
Serena did the same to Dementieva and then shit out all clay season. It's just one match..

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
MartinaI said:
It is a pretty resounding result, but we cannot forgot how her opponent played. Capriati played rubbish and Serena just took control, not very hard for a former No.1. Serena double faulted on important occasions - she is going to need to watch that.
Wow, she df´ted....and that takes away from the win?!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
saki said:
There hasn't been "Williams" mystique or domination for a long time. It's been Serena domination. Serena winning doesn't say anything at all about Venus. For what it's worth, I think that things have changed slightly in that Serena is now more vulnerable on clay and, to a lesser extent, rebound ace than she used to be because of Justine/Amelie/Jen but she was always going to be just as dominant on grass and probably hardcourt. Venus, well, it depends on whether she's going to get her act together and really work on her weaknesses. If so, she's got every chance of returning to the top 5.
For sure, I totally agree. I don't think it is only a matter of time before Venus gets it back like the thread was started off with. We have been waitting for Venus to do that for months. She got close on clay, but she couldn't pull it out at her best tournament. Venus might gain her mystique, but it is a question of if and not when.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Serena may be on the way back, but Venus is way off. Also, without Kim and Justine around, jump to conclusions at your peril!

Let's face it, the womens ' competition as a whole at Wimbly has been totally unexciting and barely watchable ..........................

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
ys said:
Serena did the same to Dementieva and then shit out all clay season. It's just one match..

clay, clay....on faster surfaces?! Serena´s game is tailor made for the faster surfaces.

As someone said...on clay and rebound ace she might have to work harder for her wins, but on grass and hardcourts....simply too good.

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,951 Posts
bandabou said:
clay, clay....on faster surfaces?! Serena´s game is tailor made for the faster surfaces.

As someone said...on clay and rebound ace she might have to work harder for her wins, but on grass and hardcourts....simply too good.
Clay, grass.. Does't really matter.. With her weight she quickly turns grasscourts into claycourts.. :lol:

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Serena never lost her mystique IMO...;)

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
ys said:
Clay is her worst surface considering she has only won two titles on clay.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts