Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The anti-Williams posters had been mum this whole 2003 season as Serena posted win after win. Now she loses for the *2nd* time, and all of you anti-Serena-Venus fans come out of the woodwork like a pack of wolves after raw meat.

Where will you guys go if Serena somehow *miraculously* wins Roland Garros?

If she doesn't win, I can see it now: You guys will post how Serena is losing her edge and heading for a downfall...Then Wimbledon and the US Open, and then the rest of her tennis life will become suspect, right?

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Gee, you know, I didn't see anyone saying that Serena had lost her edge or was going downhill. She is a tough champion, and beating her is an achievement.

The only slagging being done was against her fans who were so SURE that Mauresmo couldn't touch her and all the overbearing attitude of some of her fans.

I know I stay quiet and let the fans of the winner have their day. I'm sure that's what some other posters do as well. I'm not going to post anything that denigrates any of Serena's wins.

But I am going to celebrate when someone I like better than her wins. :)

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Williams fans will be a celebrating in Paris. :)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
TeeRexx said:
Williams fans will be a celebrating in Paris. :)
London and Flushing Meadows and Los Angeles too.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
The anti-Williams posters had been mum this whole 2003 season as Serena posted win after win. Now she loses for the *2nd* time, and all of you anti-Serena-Venus fans come out of the woodwork like a pack of wolves after raw meat.

Where will you guys go if Serena somehow *miraculously* wins Roland Garros?

If she doesn't win, I can see it now: You guys will post how Serena is losing her edge and heading for a downfall...Then Wimbledon and the US Open, and then the rest of her tennis life will become suspect, right?
So true! Some of them only come out of the woodwork where a Williams is losing and become overnight fans of the player who beats them. Its sad that it seems that the only thing they have going for them in life is to root against the sisters.

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
starr said:
Gee, you know, I didn't see anyone saying that Serena had lost her edge or was going downhill. She is a tough champion, and beating her is an achievement.

The only slagging being done was against her fans who were so SURE that Mauresmo couldn't touch her and all the overbearing attitude of some of her fans.

I know I stay quiet and let the fans of the winner have their day. I'm sure that's what some other posters do as well. I'm not going to post anything that denigrates any of Serena's wins.

But I am going to celebrate when someone I like better than her wins. :)
Starr, there's nothing wrong with celebrating when another player you are a fan of beats the No. 1 player. It's the tone of some of the threads, "Mauresmo spanks Serena's big butt" (although anything coming from Selesrules should be taken with a grain of salt), "Fresh Williams blood for Momo" and "Serena is ungracious in defeat *as always*.

Also, some of these posters have to write they aren't a fan of Serena because she's black, or Richard is her father and he's made controversial remarks or whatever, and that's just dumb.

I refer you to Hingis-Seles's great rebuttal thread.

Starr, you are a classy poster. But like most of the classy posters, oh-so-quiet on this board!

·
Registered
386 Posts
<i>Starr, there's nothing wrong with celebrating when another player you are a fan of beats the No. 1 player. It's the tone of some of the threads, "Mauresmo spanks Serena's big butt" (although anything coming from Selesrules should be taken with a grain of salt), "Fresh Williams blood for Momo" and "Serena is ungracious in defeat *as always*.</i>

-----------------------------------------------

I see nothing wrong with those topic headers.

a) Serena does have an unusually large behind for a female athlete.

b) It is fresh blood for Mauresmo - has she ever beaten Serena before?? I think not...

c) Serena ungracious in defeat....well, she was!

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
Tennis Fool...i consider myself pretty neutral compared to the other J Cap fans on most subjects concerning Jens rivals...ESPEACIALLY when it comes to the william sisters...i can actually honestly say i have NEVER insulted them in a thread , never made a harsh statement OR pick fun at , as some may say, "questionable features" of a certain williams posterior...nope never and you know what? im damn proud of it too! so heres to all you people who feel the need to be mean and nasty to a player (serena) who has done more for womens tennis (Jennifer included) than any other player since the great days of Navratilova and Graff...PLEASE dont judge and hurt some poor girl and insult her image...thats just plain ol' wrong...i know we all hate seeing her win ALL the time (sorry but even i get a lil angry after awhile) simply because she always seems to beat our fav players (including Jen JEN!!! why???) BUT thats no reason to attck her personaly ok? if ppl feel the need to rant and rave about her winning while NOT attacking her personally thats fine...but dont go attacking her ass and start calling her fat...you wouldnt like it if others did the same to your fav players so dont do it to the williams sisters either! They deserve a little respect as well dont you think?

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trish, great post :D

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Penne1 said:
I see nothing wrong with those topic headers.

a) Serena does have an unusually large behind for a female athlete.
Good for the guys;)

b) It is fresh blood for Mauresmo - has she ever beaten Serena before?? I think not...
Why use the term "fresh blood"? It makes not only Serena but Amelie sound like an animal not a tennis player.

c) Serena ungracious in defeat....well, she was!
How so?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I'm likin' this thread. :D

B/c "they" claim Serena didn't give Amelie any credit for her win. When Amelie hasn't said squat about Serena, after she loses to her. Many posters have said this..but.. In Order to get respect, You have to give it. End of story.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Mr. Man said:
I'm likin' this thread. :D

B/c "they" claim Serena didn't give Amelie any credit for her win. When Amelie hasn't said squat about Serena, after she loses to her. Many posters have said this..but.. In Order to get respect, You have to give it. End of story.

AMEN!

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Why is it that posters can get away with creating those obscene thread titles when the williams sisters lose and if we make a thread celebrating a sisters win, we are accused of being arrogant fans...

And i find it funny that every hater just completely ignored this quote, as if it never existed..."But you have to give Amelie credit because she never gave in. She had an excellent match."

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
iLuVenuSerena said:
Why is it that posters can get away with creating those obscene thread titles when the williams sisters lose and if we make a thread celebrating a sisters win, we are accused of being arrogant fans...

And i find it funny that every hater just completely ignored this quote, as if it never existed..."But you have to give Amelie credit because she never gave in. She had an excellent match."
They always ignore the nice things Serena says because she is labeled a phony when she says something nice. I must say I defended Amelie after Wimbledon when she made her comments also. I like to give most players the benefit of the doubt. I think Amelie is a classy woman and so are her fans. I noticed that none of these fans were started by any of her real fans but those fans who hate the Williams sisters.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
ANY TIME tennis fool...any time!:)...but honestly thats how i feel...the williams sisters have done SO much for womens tennis in a very positive way not only have they made it "cool" to play tennis but theve also helped make other tennis players stars (the ones who beat them) lol so all around they do deserve respect...so why dont we just stop with the name calling!?!

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Hell I'm still trippin on those people who lable Serena rude but yet remain silent on Jelena, Justine,Jen and Amelie's past comments a few months backs. If some of u really want a fun laugh you'll notice that those who lable Serena RUDE and ARROGANT, are diehard Anna K and Martina Hingis fans. HA HA HA!

TRISH nice post.:)

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
Hell I'm still trippin on those people who lable Serena rude but yet remain silent on Jelena, Justine,Jen and Amelie's past comments a few months backs.
I don't think it makes sense to group those 5 players together. Mauresmo and Henin are more polite than Serena, while Dokic and Capriati are far ruder than she is.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,011 Posts
Tennis Fool said:
Don't you understand, it is exciting.. :devil: Having the current #1 and current holder of all four Slams being one single loss away from losing her #1..:)

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Disposable. It makes perfect sense. If one states that Serena is rude and yet ignores other players remarks. Your opinion on who is the rudest has no bearing on my statement nor observation.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts