Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a small proof:

Memo to the "The Williams family is aloof and arrogant" contingent: Moments after Monica Seles beat Venus in the quarters, Oracene Williams sought out Seles in the hallway to congratulate her. "I hope you win the tournament," Oracene said.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
See? like mother, like daughter. It's amzing the Williamses have any fans at all.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
lol @ Volcana

What I like about the Williams family is that they come across as real people. As far as I can tell, they say what they mean and that's rather refreshing. Venus & Serena both give really interesting interviews as opposed to some players and when they make nice gestures they seem genuine rather than forced.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Actually, in a recent interview, I think after Gold Coast, Venus mentioned looking at her old interviews and seeing herself say 'foolish' things and that she hoped she's matured. Rather a sharp and composed observation about oneself from a 21 year old. Most people I know go their whole lives without realizing they've done anything foolish.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
This is what I have been saying all along.
the williams' are real nice people. ;) :wavey:

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Monica and Williams family get along just fine :) - they were Olympic team mates after all and didn't they all go over to Oz on the same plane ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts