Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Venus is already down to #5.

And with Serena out of the US Open, she will lose tons of points and lose the #1 ranking, I would say all the way to #3 if Justine performs well at the US Open. Plus she has TONS of points to defend in the next 12 months.

So Serena at #3, Venus at #5. It's over guys, with their injuries, their outside interests, the era is over. Kim & Justine will gain so much confidence and it will be so hard for the Williams to get back on top. Venus hasn't been able to get back on top for years now and Serena is next to suffer the same outcome.

The Williams era is over! :dance:

The Belgians era has begun! :clap2:

Williams sisters fans, bow to your new queens: Kim & Justine. :worship: :bowdown:

Reactions: wtn_amanda

·
Registered
25,079 Posts
Monica Seles Era 1990-1993:

* 4-3 record against Graf including 3-1 in grandslam finals.
* 10-5 record against Navratilova including 1-0 in grandslam finals.
* Won 7 of the last 8 grandslams entered including the last 3 French Opens, the last 3 Australien Opens, the last 2 US Opens, and also the last 3 Wta championships.
* Had an astonishing 55-1 match run in grandslams up until 1993.
* Surpassed Graf at the French, Australien, US Open & the wta championships despite being 4.5 years younger. And even at Wimbledon Monica had a better record then both Graf and Navratilova at a similar stage in their careers.
* MONICA IS THE GREATEST.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
OMG! You didn't. Poor thread :help: :lol:

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Just goes to show ya anything can happen. It doesnt take a tragedy to knock you from the top spot.

Take a look at what's happened to the last three dominant number ones. Serena done in by injury/surgery, Hingis done in by injury/surgery,Graf done in by injury/surgery, Seles done in by madman w/a knife.

I wonder if Kim will wish Serena a speedy recovery is she wins the US Open?

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
like serena would never win a slam again after 2002 right?

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
jbone_0307 said:
Well when the belgiums start to win slams consistently then there era will be over
People: BelgIANS
Adjective: BelgIAN
Language: Belgish :tape:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
jbone_0307 said:
Well when the belgiums start to win slams consistently then there era will be over

Win what consistantly? :rolleyes: The williams may not have the ranking right now, but they will continue to beat the tar outta the belgians. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
tommystar said:
I'd have liked for months Venus to fall at #5, so she can beat Clijsters already in the Quarters!! :)
You read my mind!

Venus will take out both Belgium's in the US Open.
If she's healthy she'll whomp them both.
Justine has never beaten Venus on hard court.
Kim has only beat Venus on clay(the ret. by Venus at the ending year championships doesn't count).

Serena's hurt and down and Venus will uphold the family name.
The best thing about this is both sister's will get so many more bonus points each time they beat the Belgiums.

SR, keep dreaming!
The William's era is far from over!
So sorry Seles is a non-issue knowadays.

Venus: 2003 US Open Champion!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thanks to you venus will now win the usopen- yeah!!
i'm mean when has one of your predictions/theroy's ever come true??! infact whatever you state the williams to not be able to do always happens!!

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Luci said:
Win what consistantly? :rolleyes: The williams may not have the ranking right now, but they will continue to beat the tar outta the belgians. :rolleyes:

Luci what are you talking about. Im supporting the Williams Sister. The BelgAINS have only won 1 slam. Anyways it wont last long if they become #1 and #2 because the play 20 tournaments and will have sooo many points to defend. Funny, at their peak they still get bitch slapped by Venus and Serena. OOOH i cant wait till Venus plays henin because their last 4-5 match, Venus has beaten the hell out of Justine, so they try to protect Justine by giving her to Serena :rollseyes:

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
jbone_0307 said:
Luci what are you talking about. Im supporting the Williams Sister. The BelgAINS have only won 1 slam. Anyways it wont last long if they become #1 and #2 because the play 20 tournaments and will have sooo many points to defend. Funny, at their peak they still get bitch slapped by Venus and Serena. OOOH i cant wait till Venus plays henin because their last 4-5 match, Venus has beaten the hell out of Justine, so they try to protect Justine by giving her to Serena :rollseyes:
I'm sorry. I'm just sooo mad right now I cant see straight. I've been crying half the night (no joke) :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
jbone_0307 said:
I know I'm repeating things, just to try again:

It's not more difficult to defend if your points are nicely spread out over 20 tournaments. If you fail to do well once, you'll hardly see the
difference as your 18 th best will come to the rescue.

In both Serena and Venus' case things are different, as you are about to witness. The simple fact that she fails to turn up for 1 particular tournament just costs her about 17 % of her points total. I'm not making this up, that's what will happen in about 3 weeks.

Is it difficult repeating final appearances continuously?

Yes if you have a drop in your level of play.

15 consecutive SF, of which 7 Wins and 4 lost finals seem to suggest it's feasable...

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Deuce said:
People: BelgIANS
Adjective: BelgIAN
Language: Belgish
Language is Dutch! :lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts