Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont care if its early, which of u lot has tickets?! I havent had any come through. Im actually gutted....!

But I might try some blagging as I am the new sports sec for my hall at uni (Loughborough Uni and its really sporty) so I might go over to the LTA academy and tell them im a sports secretary and see what I can get!

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
:yeah: :lol: I know what my grandfather says, "If you don't ask, you don't get"....

....hope you get some....perhaps debenture tix, but then you won't be able to make a noise and jump around like a lunitic!......not that we do anyway! Glad you got Sports sec - well done :bounce:

-Rache

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yes and have lindsay stare at me. that still freaks me out. i sat perfectly still in my seat and wasnt an overexaggerating english fan like some of tims lot!!! i dont get why she actually craned her next to look at me! Ha rache do u remember that?! 'Rache whys lindsay staring at me!' (by the way im not the sort of person that goes mad at tennis matches and im being serious).

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
OOO a wimby thread already, i'm liking this!
I obviously have no ballot tickets, cos i have just come back from melb and spent all my money, which already seems like 4 months ago, due to the CRAP WEATHER.
I plan on going first week, want some doubles action tho, do you know when that starts?
Where are debenture seats.. are they those proper high up ones?
I prefer to watch the non top ten ish players, as at least they get the crap courts to play on and the matches are not totally one sided.
Plus linds will be on cc, c1 or that shit court where you cant see bugger all on.... you know the one i mean, where there is reserved seating, which is always empty and then about 5 million ground pass holders packed onto some crappy steps at the top and you cant see bugger all and even lindsay who is proper tall looks like a midget.
OOO ive started a rant already and its not even march!
:fiery: :fiery:
(wish i was back in melbourne)
xx beckl

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
me and forever lindsay have tickets for the first tuesday...and i am staying the whole of the first week so far.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
yeah im going on the first tuesday with kelly :woohoo: and then we're queuing too and hopefully i'll get tickets :D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
maybe you could even learn to spell W-I-M-B-L-E-D-O-N before you go!?!

I went last year and my best advice to anyone would be to get yourself organised with a tent and sleeping bag. You'll have the craic and the atmosphere with other people queueing-as seen on these boards Wimbledon does of course attract a lot of the prawn sandwich, no nothing about tennis brigade but in the queue you will meet the real hardcore. Also especially from the quarters on you'll easily get tickets for centre and court 1 if you get up early enough.

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
candystripe said:
My cousin knows a reporter who gets tickets for free and she said she went two years ago with 2 tickets and she had a brillant time. She could go to every court. I made a bargain with my parents that if i can pass my pre-leaving cert exams, they said I would get to go and I had two exams today which went well so it looks like I am going!!!!!. I am working over there for the summer anyway, so i will be def going.
Lets hope she will make into the second round and not get injured
Who are you, and what are your other usenames. When you first joined, you put TOP forever in your sig, but, had never posted here.

Nobody in their right mind spells Wimbledon as Winbledon, no matter how retarded they are.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Who spelt wimbledon wrong?
Were it me? cos i genuinely am quite thick

Who did i bump into last year at wimby? I believe there were 2 of u, in t-shirts....

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
lene said:
Who spelt wimbledon wrong?
Were it me? cos i genuinely am quite thick

Who did i bump into last year at wimby? I believe there were 2 of u, in t-shirts....

:lol: It was me and Lindsayno1 - you used my artistic creation for your T-shirt! ;)

-Rache

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im NEVER wearing a tshirt again....EVER!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I met two girls in Wimbledon last year with very cool and funny tshirts-the ones with Lindsay punching Tim Henman. Don't be ashamed of wearing the tshirts, I thought they looked great and was thinking I might wear one myself this year, do ye reckon I'd look completely daft :D ?!

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sweet_angel23 said:
why not?
i thought you said Lindz loved you're artistic creation?

that was mine that she loved. nevertheless i aint wearing it again

I met two girls in Wimbledon last year with very cool and funny tshirts-the ones with Lindsay punching Tim Henman. Don't be ashamed of wearing the tshirts, I thought they looked great and was thinking I might wear one myself this year, do ye reckon I'd look completely daft ?!
that was me and Rache! Who are YOU?!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'm from Ireland. I met you the morning of the quarter, we were standing below the steps before they let us up to the courts and hill. I admired the tshirts and you told me that you had queued through the fourth round to make sure you got tickets for the match. Remember I said I'd seen the picture for the tshirt on the net and you asked where and I said the tower of power site. It seems Lindsay is going to have loads of support again at Wimbledon this year.

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
T-shirts look stoopid. They scream "mad stalker fan" when you walk around the grounds of The All England Club. :tape::p

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I suppose we can't have anything but the best behaviour at the All England Club, ra ra ra. Seriously if I do invest in a tshirt it wont be with mad pics or anything like that just something subtle to have as a momento for going along. It would be great to get it signed.

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
!<bloc_party>! said:
T-shirts look stoopid. They scream "mad stalker fan" when you walk around the grounds of The All England Club. :tape::p
Exactly! ;)

I am not someone who usually wears "supporter" t-shirts, and was reluctant to do so :lol: But I did and now I'm so ashamed :eek: :haha:

That T-shirt will remain in a drawer....

I think it was my creation Lindsay admired too, but it was on Lene's T-shirt that she saw it :haha:

-Rache

1 - 20 of 109 Posts