Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daniela stands a good chance at her third IW title!
Or, will a brand new WTA star emerge next week?
If yes, who?

·
63,589 Posts
It always like that way in Indian Wells for years :lol:

·
Registered
114,770 Posts
Jankovic's quarter looked soft, and now she is out, and Cornet and Cibulkova.
That quarter is wide open.
Safina and Vika are still in their quarter.
Vera, Amelie, Caro still in their quarter.
Dani vs Ana probably inElena's quarter.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
safina is taking this.

·
Registered
114,770 Posts
Vera has to get past Amelie
Ana will probably play Dani
Dinara has to beat Peng Nicole and Vika
Aga is probably the favorite in Jankovic's quarter, but Alisa seems like she has a big chance

·
Registered
43,734 Posts
I'm hoping the young players like Caro, Ula, Aga, Vika and now Pavlyuchenkova will all make it far.. But Ula winning of course :) Even with her sprained ankle! :ras:

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
As much as I like Elena D and JJ, its going to be really interesting to see what happens now that they're out.

·
La Divina Assoluta
11,289 Posts
I'd like for Daniela to go deep in this tournament. Winning atm, seems highly unlikely though. She'd really need to up her level considerably. She does have the best record here of anyone though left in the draw, so she always has a chance. There have been glimpses here and there this year of Daniela hitting some good ball.

Of everyone though, Zvonareva seems the most likely. However, this is not a popular choice for me by any means. Would much rather see Vika win for example.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I'd love to see at least two unseeded players in the semis. It's great for women's tennis to spread the prize money around, the top-seeds already have too much. It makes future tournaments less predicable --- that is, more interesting. And it gives hope to up-and-comers that the top is permeable. What's not to like?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts