Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2,406 Posts
Maybe, although conversely it would also be interesting to see how the New York crowd handled an event that was devoid of nearly all the top Americans. If those three were to pull out, I could imagine Davenport fairly chuckling with glee... actually, she's not that sort of person. But she'd be fairly happy anyhow.

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Actually, Davenport's appearance at the USO is in jeopordy also, wiht her food injury. And Monica is probably out as well..... WHAT A FUCKING DISASTER THAT WOULD BE! It would be a Belgian fest... YIKES.

I honestly think that Jenny and Vee will both be fully healed by then for sure. Don't know about Rena, sounds serious, this knee injury. Davey is a big ? mark--- depends how the shots hold up. Monica, sadly, probably wont be able to play, or will play and lose to a "Petrova" like at the FO due to her injury. HOPE EVERYONE GETS WELL SOON AND CAN COMPETE AT MY FAVE GRAND SLAM, THE US OPEN!!!

· Registered
47,657 Posts
Both Venus and Serena will be there. No doubt about that.

· Registered
1,645 Posts
Lindsay has a FOOD injury - not again, I thought those days were behind her!!! :)

Reactions: darren cahill

· Registered
2,406 Posts
My word, what a thought - imagine every single one of the American Big Five having to pull out through injury! The imagination reels with the possibilities... but that's all they are, sadly.

· Premium Member
20,087 Posts
tennisIlove09 said:
...Serena's injured; Venus is injured; Jennie's injured.

Eh. I hope they get better, or the Open will be boring
Well that means Kim will get her first slam. I think Vee will be ok, don't know about Rena and Jen though.

· Registered
2,103 Posts
Mark Newman said:
Lindsay has a FOOD injury - not again, I thought those days were behind her!!! :)

I know, I know. I saw my TYPO after the fact, and just died of laughter :haha: What can I say, I am not the world's best typist! :smash: For the record, I really like Davey, and think she has done a great job shedding her baby fat in getting in fantastic shape. I hope that FOOT injury clears up so we can see her play for a couple of more years!!

Mark, do you have any news about Jenny's injury?? How serious, expected recovery, etc.... Take Care!!!

· Registered
39,260 Posts
and they will still be in QF at least ...

· Registered
4,318 Posts
I actually think it'll be interesting to see who will come through and win their first slam, but I still think Serena, Venus, Lindsay, and Jenny are all main contenders!

· Adrenaline junkie
24,904 Posts
And last but not least, Anna is out too. 5 most popular players in USA - Williamses, Capriati, Seles and Kournikova are all injured..

· Registered
279 Posts
hmmm. I don't think Venus' injury will keep her away from the US-open. She wasn't the full 100 percent at Wimbledon and still played there. The problem is that she forced herself to play the final. That disturbs the preparation of the US-Open :eek:

Serena: no idea. Don't think she 'll be happy to give a 1000 WTA-points advantage away to Kim Clijsters. :devil:

Davenport: she 's married, the injury, the signs after saying 'this could be my last wimbledon' :sad:

Seles: doesn't want to undergo operation at her age. She wants to play for fun, not with pain.

MY opinion: Davenport's en Seles' retirement are very nearby

· Registered
47,657 Posts
Tennisace said:
I don't know why, but I really think that Lindsay will retire after this year.
I have the same thoughts too! I think it´s clear that even with full health there at least three players much, much better than Lindsay and that her chances of winning another slam are close to nihil. I don´t think she would be able to play knowing that.

· Registered
1,939 Posts
I could see Justine, Amelie and Kim in the final. Maybe Chanda would win finally since the only time she seems to lose is to a williams at a slam.

· Registered
47,657 Posts
maccardel said:
I could see Justine, Amelie and Kim in the final. Maybe Chanda would win finally since the only time she seems to lose is to a williams at a slam.
Easy, easy the top 5 didn´t retire yet!

· Registered
547 Posts
Man all these Belgium Sister's fans are licking there lips at the possibilty that venus, serena, jen, and lindsay mught not be healthy enough to play. I think you guys are hoping and praying more than anything, because i'm sure all 4 americans will be there. And if the draw turns out right they will all be in the SF's!!!

· Registered
47,657 Posts
Malin said:
Man all these Belgium Sister's fans are licking there lips at the possibilty that venus, serena, jen, and lindsay mught not be healthy enough to play. I think you guys are hoping and praying more than anything, because i'm sure all 4 americans will be there. And if the draw turns out right they will all be in the SF's!!!
Uhum, ´cause it was a shame that there were two all-american qtrs at Wimby, while the Belgians had to battle players like Farina-Elia and Kutsnesova.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.