4.Svetlana
5.Justine
6.Elena D
7.Serena
8.Venus
9.Nadia
10.Kim

11.Mary

All quality names! this year is really the year of Comebacks!

notes... my mistake! Kim is still 10, Mary 11

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
The Russians haven't really had top 10 years other than Sharapova...expect Kuznetsova to fall out after the Open and Pierce to firmly take her spot.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Kim got to the QFs and will actually drop from #10 to #11? Didn't understand it. I thought Petrova would fall off. I hope she wins LA and does well in Toronto to stay strong in the TOP10 before the US Open.

BTW, when will Justine's Olympics points drop off? After Toronto, or New Haven? She has to do well in Canada to stay as #5, isn't it?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
JuJu is #5 :bigclap: now if only some of the others would get kicked out of there and the lovely Kim and Mary could move up :D

·
Banned
25,017 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Slowly the top 10 will look as it should. Mary definitely belongs to the top. There are definitely some russians exiting this year.

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
lucashg said:
Kim got to the QFs and will actually drop from #10 to #11? Didn't understand it. I thought Petrova would fall off. I hope she wins LA and does well in Toronto to stay strong in the TOP10 before the US Open.

BTW, when will Justine's Olympics points drop off? After Toronto, or New Haven? She has to do well in Canada to stay as #5, isn't it?
Kim's still 10, Mary only moves to 11. The thread starter got it wrong :rolleyes:

Justine's Olympics points come off during Toronto. Which is the week used for US Open seeding.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Kim is still at number 10 Mary moved to number 11
Justine's points fall off after Toronto so she has to do well (final or even win) to stay at number 5

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Gogo123 said:
Kim is still at number 10 Mary moved to number 11
Justine's points fall off after Toronto so she has to do well (final or even win) to stay at number 5
:eek: JuJu :sad: I'm not liking her chances of doing that great in this tournament. I bet she will be very rusty

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
I fear that soon 3 russians will be exiting top 10 for good , ED,SK and NP will slide down to mid teens, Mary, Kim and hopefully Ana will replace them.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,089 Posts
I have a feeling ju will do fine :), especially after that first round loss. she is well known for her bounceback abilities :devil:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
DragonFlame said:
I have a feeling ju will do fine :), especially after that first round loss. she is well known for her bounceback abilities :devil:
I hope so :kiss:

·
Banned
6,101 Posts
Justine won the Canadian Open the last time it was played in Toronto. It also helps her game that the courts are slow compared to the other summer warm ups.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
At least two, possibly three Russians will likely be gone after the U.S. Open. Mary and Kim will be firmly back in replacing two of them. Who will get the tenth slot?

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
vwfan said:
At least two, possibly three Russians will likely be gone after the U.S. Open. Mary and Kim will be firmly back in replacing two of them. Who will get the tenth slot?
Patty S.?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,089 Posts
it all depends on how kuzie, dementieva and petrova will perform in their last tournies before the usopen. that's their only way to keep their ranking up because i see them all not defending their points at usopen. dementieva and kuzie with the final and win, petrova with the 200 qualitypoints for beating an injured henin. petrova will obviously be out, kuzie and dementieva i'm not 100% sure of. it will depend on the draw and how their form will be after finishing their warmuptournie's

if all 3 will be out, the persons that would take that last spot would be schnyder i think. unless someone outside of the top10 wins the usopen(very unlikely) and i don't see myskina coming back in for now.

·
Registered
47,684 Posts
Mary bumping Patty to #12. :(
Patty will not get a chance to do anything becuase she isnt playing until New Haven while Mary is playing this week.

·
Registered
47,684 Posts
ezekiel said:
I fear that soon 3 russians will be exiting top 10 for good , ED,SK and NP will slide down to mid teens, Mary, Kim and hopefully Ana will replace them.
You think Myskina will stay over Nadi and Sveta?! Plus Ana still has a long ways to go.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts