Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mary Pierce will be back on tour in this great tournament:bounce: :bounce: :hearts: , i'll go to watch her winning the title:worship: . Hope that she is in great shape and that she could have a good run in Paris:bounce:

:worship: :hearts: Mary Pierce is THE BEST!:worship:

·
Banned
3,823 Posts
!~GO MARY~!

It's time for you to win another title girl. Good Luck against Nathalie Dechy in the first round, and hopefully in a week you'll have ended your title drought!:worship:

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Mary Pierce : « I think it’s going to be a nice match

Just found this on the tournament site.

regards

Mark
-------------------------------------------------------

08 February 2004 - Sophie DANGER
In the first round of the Open Gaz de France Mary Pierce will meet fellow Nathalie Dechy. The match promises to be fearsome between the two French players.

You will meet Nathalie Dechy in the first round. Aren’t you too disappointed to play one of your fellows as soon as the first match ?

No… not all, it does happen. It is not the first time that we will play each other and it may not be the last time. That’s sports. I think that it will be nice for the public to see two French players opposing one another. I think it’s going to be a nice match.

You have already met each other. What memories do you keep from those matches ?

I remembered we played each other in Australia. Nathalie hits back many balls, she is very solid on the baseline, her serve and her baseline game are solid and she are not afraid to go up to the net.

You have not taken part in the Open Gaz de France since 2001…
Yes, that’s true. It makes me happy to come back. That’s always a pleasure to play in front of your public, your fans and especially in France. That’s different here, it’s something else. That’s different from Roland Garros. I always like playing before the French public.

You are used to face Julie on courts. What do you think about her as an interviewer ?

Julie is very nice and I miss her on courts, especially in the French team where we live nice moments… I will not tell the stupid things we did. That’s funny to see her like that now, with children… but that’s life. I am very glad to meet her again.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Mary, this is yours! C'MON! :hearts::worship::kiss:

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Arancha will be a better player to play in Mary's first match back than Nat. ALLEZ MARY!

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Mary Pierce : "I was tense"

Found this on the GAZ DE FRANCE site

regards

Mark

Competing against young Spanish Arantxa Parra, Mary Pierce suffered. Loosing 5-1 in the first set, the French player then raised her level of game and easily won (7-5, 6-2). She explains her bad patch in the beginning by too much tension in her return game.

Mary Pierce, what happened in the beginning of the game (Ed’s note : she was loosing 5-1 to Spanish Arantxa Parra)?

The first rounds are always the most difficult to get through and not competing since the Fed Cup didn’t help. I was tense and worried in the beginning and then I calmed down and everything went fine.

What did you feel during the game?

Not playing for a long time and returning here, in Paris, brought me a great deal of emotions. It’s normal but my fans helped me a lot today.

You didn’t go to Australia, therefore the Open Gaz de France is your first tournament of the year. What do you expect from this tournament?

A lot, just like in any tournament. But I don’t put pressure on myself and I prefer taking one game after the other. I keep myself ready and then we’ll see what happens.

Why exactly did you chose not to go to Australia?

It’s true that I wasn’t injured and that I could have gone there but last year, I had returned a bit too early, physically speaking, and this year I really wanted to return at a moment when I felt I had reached a good level to make the most of it.

Did you watch the tournament? Did you wish you were there?

Yes, I watched certain games. And when I saw how it was going, I thought “oops” (thoughtful). But I don’t really regret my decision because I did what was best.

Is this deliberate absence a bet on the upcoming months? On Roland-Garros?

Roland is, and will ever remain my favourite tournament. Every year, my aim is to do my best there. After Antwerp (Ed’s note: starts 13 February), I will have five weeks left to prepare myself so I will have time to train properly.

Your next opponent will be Magui Serena. A word on her?

Last time I played against her was in Wimbledon and I lost (7-6, 7-6). She’s a good player and it won’t be easy. I hope this time I will win.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts