Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 979 Posts

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,013 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game - Game 58 - Instrumental - Nominate

I think I'm going to wait awhile nominating for this edition because I have a feeling other people might nominate the same artist...

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
32,393 Posts

I think I'm going to wait awhile nominating for this edition because I have a feeling other people might nominate the same artist...
Smart strategy. I do the same thing. I wait a while and then when I send it in I send and couple of alternate selections in case someone has selected the same artist I did. Believe it or not it has happened. In one game I ended up going with my 3rd choice, which I was totally cool with, since it is always possible to think up and few songs I am happy to go with per game. There ususally isn't a lot of difference between how I feel about my 1st choice and my 3rd choice. But yeah, I would hate to be in a situation where another person selected the same artist as me. I would always rather they kept the artist and I made another choice.

·
Registered
27,292 Posts

Finally. I've been waiting for this theme since we started with thematic games.
Now what to send. So many options. Anw, I'm sure I'm loving this

·
Registered
13,843 Posts
I am so gonna win this one :inlove: I can't wait for the songs :bounce: Hopefully there would be movie scores :bounce:

·
Registered
13,843 Posts
Baraboo is female, isn't she?

·
Registered
18,075 Posts

I expect top five here. It must be too impossible if my instrumental won't reach the final. I will ask you on which drugs are you if it won't reach.

·
Art & Futures
20,301 Posts

oh gurrrl

great theme!! :cheer: :worship:

I am definitely super excited, and this was unexpected. I need to think. :)

·
THE LADY IN BLACK
9,206 Posts

I am so gonna win this one :inlove: I can't wait for the songs :bounce: Hopefully there would be movie scores :bounce:
I went more high brow than even movie scores which again is another idea which will probably backfire on me!

·
夏の匂い。キ&#
104,564 Posts

Already nominated :eek:h: Hopefully no one else picked before me.

·
Premium Member
36,943 Posts

what category did "apache" win? :scratch:
Instrumentals are allowed in usual games anyway. It's just that in this one, no vocals will be allowed at all.

Oh, thinking about it, now I have a question: vocals without lyrics, are considered as instrumental too?

·
Registered
3,429 Posts

As per wikipedia:

An instrumental is a musical composition or recording without lyrics, or singing, although it might include some inarticulate vocal input; the music is primarily or exclusively produced by musical instruments.

So I guess if the vocals are inarticulate and only a small part of the song, it should be fine.

·
Premium Member
36,943 Posts

As per wikipedia:

An instrumental is a musical composition or recording without lyrics, or singing, although it might include some inarticulate vocal input; the music is primarily or exclusively produced by musical instruments.

So I guess if the vocals are inarticulate and only a small part of the song, it should be fine.
:yeah:

·
Registered
15,670 Posts

Not sure if I'm gonna participate in this one. I do love some instrumental music in some genres, but I'm afraid this game will be full of classical pieces and commercial movie scores, and I'm not really into that...

·
Registered
33,567 Posts

As per wikipedia:

Thanks for clarifying this, because some of the tracks I am considering have precisely this sort of incidental vocal input:yeah:. It would be a shame to have to discount some great instrumental tracks due to a technicality like this

·
夏の匂い。キ&#
104,564 Posts
Not sure if I'm gonna participate in this one. I do love some instrumental music in some genres, but I'm afraid this game will be full of classical pieces and commercial movie scores, and I'm not really into that...
Actually it's a lot more than that

21 - 40 of 979 Posts