Tennis Forum banner

1121 - 1134 of 1134 Posts

·
Registered
33,568 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 66 – Peninsula Of Misfits - Congrats Big_Ba

Slavic theme :wavey:
I must admit that I am starting to warm to Slavic music, at least some of it. A Slavic theme could be a great way to explore that further, so I can maybe learn to separate the shit from the good stuff:lol:

·
Trainwreck
58,075 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 66 – Peninsula Of Misfits - Congrats Big_Ba

Yeah, the vulture density will probably be quite high. But the bright side is that even the biggest vulture songs from that era have not been played to death as badly as the megahits from the sixties onwards.

And hopefully a few players will avoid the vulture swarm and come up with some real gems:drool:
Lol, I remember 60s game, I made a concerted effort to pick something not heard a million times and it was shot down, and the most vulturing song of them all won the game as good as that song is.

People say they don't want games full of vultures, but in reality always vote for them.

·
Registered
33,568 Posts

Lol, I remember 60s game, I made a concerted effort to pick something not heard a million times and it was shot down, and the most vulturing song of them all won the game as good as that song is.

People say they don't want games full of vultures, but in reality always vote for them.
I don't think that obvious vulture entries are as reliable as they used to be. Pata Pata is about as vulture as they come, but it lost to an electro-swing tune.

·
Registered
16,620 Posts

My theme: "XXXXXXXXX Vultures not allowed" :eek:h:

·
夏の匂い。キ&#
104,589 Posts

How was Pata Pata a vulture? :sobbing: I didn't even know who Miriam was...:sobbing:

·
Registered
33,568 Posts

How was Pata Pata a vulture? :sobbing: I didn't even know who Miriam was...:sobbing:
It's the kind of song whose vulture properties don't depend too much on it being well known. It became a hit by being irresistibly catchy. It still is:lol:

·
Registered
16,620 Posts

ok, I sent the theme to Adey.

·
Registered
16,620 Posts

... Songs With Bananas In The Title

·
Registered
16,620 Posts

I also left a short message to encourage people to avoid vulturing :eek:h:

·
Registered
33,568 Posts

I also left a short message to encourage people to avoid vulturing :eek:h:
Maybe we can come up with a general health-warning from the surgeon general (i.e. Adey), to be prominently displayed in the OP of all the game threads: "Vulturing may have severe negative effects on your self-esteem":eek:h:

·
Registered
12,087 Posts

I promise to do my utmost to avoid very well-known songs, but I have several times been caught out by just which songs are well known and which aren't.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

BB, congratulations!!!

I'm very happy you won, Booty Swing was one of the favourites to win.

I'm really curious about what the theme will be, though I won't be able to play.

1121 - 1134 of 1134 Posts