Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1134 Posts

·
Registered
33,564 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 66 – Peninsula Of Misfits - Nominate

I'm so sending a song in Flemish then not even bother voting and have you all endure it :haha:

Or maybe in Walloon :haha:
Oh, I never thought of Dutch/Flemish:eek:

But wait, are there actually any good songs in that/those language(s)?:eek:h:

Less Popular Languages
If something is sung in a language that is not English, French,Portugese or German it is eligable. This one category covers hundreds of languages and regional genres within without individually listing them.

=> So Spanish is allowed ?
I guess so, and it would be by far the easiest for me, but I have a hunch it will rain Spanish songs here, so I'll look for something else:shrug:

·
Registered
12,048 Posts

I'm so sending a song in Flemish then not even bother voting and have you all endure it :haha:

Or maybe in Walloon :haha:
Walloon would surely be too close to French?

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
45,659 Posts

K3 :cheer: :cheer: :haha:

Or to mix two genres, there was a very bad flemish Boys Band in the 90's but I can't remember their name for the life of me :haha:

But I actually found something in pure flemish (the kind of flemish that don't Dutch people don't understand :haha: ) I'm just not sure I will enter it. I guess everyone will know it's me anyway :haha: But then again that's almost always the case, i'm almost always the easiest song to spot in the list :lol:

·
Registered
12,048 Posts

I guess so, and it would be by far the easiest for me, but I have a hunch it will rain Spanish songs here, so I'll look for something else:shrug:

I've already sent a song in Spanish, this should be a good opportunity to do something I haven't done before.

·
45,659 Posts

Yes I don't think it goes well with the will of the sender and he just forgot Spanish :shrug: It's certinaly been used more than Portuguese and German in the game already :shrug:

Walloon would surely be too close to French?
Not really

Both Walloon AND kinda Nathional Anthem :lol: You will see it really isn't that close (even if it's obviously the same origin)

·
Registered
33,564 Posts

Disappointed that Tennisfan has closed Markus' "Temptations etc. loophole" on the boy bands, I would have had a dynamite entry that fit the original description:(

·
45,659 Posts

Damn, forgot about K3. Could have been a favorite rediscovery for me if I'd remembered in time:eek:h:
But so may hits from K3, which one to choose really ? :sad:

·
Registered
12,048 Posts

Disappointed that Tennisfan has closed Markus' "Temptations etc. loophole" on the boy bands, I would have had a dynamite entry that fit the original description:(
I rather feel he closed that after reading my post, so I apologize for that, should have repped you instead....

Not sure why it was closed, though. It's not as if pre-80s boy bands have been regular entries here.

·
Registered
33,564 Posts

I rather feel he closed that after reading my post, so I apologize for that, should have repped you instead....

Not sure why it was closed, though. It's not as if pre-80s boy bands have been regular entries here.
I actually had a post-80's act in mind, so it was the specification that it has to be a One-Direction-style boy band that necked me

·
Registered
12,048 Posts

Not really

Both Walloon AND kinda Nathional Anthem :lol: You will see it really isn't that close (even if it's obviously the same origin)

Ah, I see. Thanks :) Didn't realize differences were as substantial as that.

·
Registered
12,048 Posts

I actually had a post-80's act in mind, so it was the specification that it has to be a One-Direction-style boy band that necked me
Yeah, well, if you only have One Direction to go then it might not always be worth travelling ;)

·
Registered
33,564 Posts

Yeah, well, if you only have One Direction to go then it might not always be worth travelling ;)
I suppose I could be a bit of a backstreet boy by "misinterpreting the rules", but it's probably better to just wait for a new edition:angel:

·
夏の匂い。キ&#
104,564 Posts

K3 :cheer: :cheer: :haha:

Or to mix two genres, there was a very bad flemish Boys Band in the 90's but I can't remember their name for the life of me :haha:

But I actually found something in pure flemish (the kind of flemish that don't Dutch people don't understand :haha: ) I'm just not sure I will enter it. I guess everyone will know it's me anyway :haha: But then again that's almost always the case, i'm almost always the easiest song to spot in the list :lol:
If you send K3 I will give u a 12

·
45,659 Posts

too late I sent something else :p

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
32,374 Posts

Well the obvious Misfit category for me is No Wave. I can actually think of 3 or 4 no wave songs that I believe would do extremely well in this game. Of course I wouldn't have a problem finding a non English/French/German/Portuguese song that I believe would make a pretty good impression on quite a few people here either.

But I think I am going to go for something a little bit less predictable and support one of those other categories which very likely wont get any selections if don't pick a tune from them myself. Yeah, I know, in terms of making the final, this is going to be entirely suicidal, but hey, like I care. :eek:h:

·
Registered
28,796 Posts
Im pretty sure Spanish was excluded because no song in that language won yet. We had winners in Eng, Ger, Fra, Por before.

Silent B will be in ruins if someone nominates a Ghibli song again :tears:
No, because I have no idea what is Ghibli :confused:

·
Registered
16,618 Posts

Tempted. I hope Silent Bird hasn't picked what I have in mind already, did you send already?

·
夏の匂い。キ&#
104,564 Posts

Im pretty sure Spanish was excluded because no song in that language won yet. We had winners in Eng, Ger, Fra, Por before.

No, because I have no idea what is Ghibli :confused:
I still remember your trashing on my Hisaishi-GOAT :ras:

41 - 60 of 1134 Posts