Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 438 Posts

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,254 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 4 - Nominate your song by 27th December

Japanese flag = politely self-deprecating about their chances :)

Wouldn't surprise me to see one or both of you do well.
Japan's musical legacy is a very good one. Japan has gifted us a lot of extremely fun and innovative musicians. There are numerous cool compliations of sixties garage bands, psychedelic bands and girlgroups from the sixties and the Mops particularly made a lot of fine stuff back then. More recently they have given us, Kahimi Karie, Cornelius, The Boredoms, Shonen Knife, Pizzicato Five, OOIOO, Seagull Screaming Kiss Her Kiss Her & Yoshihide Otomo. Those are just some that have made an impression on me but they have pretty thriving scenes in a wide ranges of genres.

I also have for a long time regarded the Japanese as having the best musical instincts of any nation.

·
Premium Member
38,302 Posts
Re: The TF Pick The Best Song Game – Game 4 - Nominate your song by 27th December

Japan's musical legacy is a very good one. Japan has gifted us a lot of extremely fun and innovative musicians. There are numerous cool compliations of sixties garage bands, psychedelic bands and girlgroups from the sixties and the Mops particularly made a lot of fine stuff back then. More recently they have given us, Kahimi Karie, Cornelius, The Boredoms, Shonen Knife, Pizzicato Five, OOIOO, Seagull Screaming Kiss Her Kiss Her & Yoshihide Otomo. Those are just some that have made an impression on me but they have pretty thriving scenes in a wide ranges of genres.

I also have for a long time regarded the Japanese as having the best musical instincts of any nation.
I have this. ;)

·
Trainwreck
58,195 Posts

I don't think either of those posters are really Japanese :eek:h:.

Anyway for this edition I've chosen something simple and fun. In my mind it's very appealing, but who knows :p.

·
35,485 Posts

Japanese flag = politely self-deprecating about their chances :)

Wouldn't surprise me to see one or both of you do well.
:lol:

I was totally honest. My song probably will be the only song in a different language. Therefore I don't think it will do well. I don't mind though. I participated in this contest just for fun anyway.

My song is sung by the real version of this amazing team. :cool:

·
Trainwreck
58,195 Posts

^ The songs in different languages in the past couple of games (Bible and Paixao) have both got votes from me incidentally :D.

·
Premium Member
38,302 Posts

Liked the eighties flavour of Paixao, but didn't enjoy the chorus that much. Still it reminded me pleasantly of a lot of eighties bands.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts

:lol:

I was totally honest. My song probably will be the only song in a different language. Therefore I don't think it will do well. I don't mind though. I participated in this contest just for fun anyway.

My song is sung by the real version of this amazing team. :cool:
I think it's great to pick a song that's not sung in English. Part of the fun in this game is the diversity of music I think:). I'd like to pick a Chinese song in one of the future games but it's a tough call since our music industry is pretty much a mess right now:( Thx for the inspiration anyway;)

·
35,485 Posts

I think it's great to pick a song that's not sung in English. Part of the fun in this game is the diversity of music I think:). I'd like to pick a Chinese song in one of the future games but it's a tough call since our music industry is pretty much a mess right now:( Thx for the inspiration anyway;)
Yeah I agree. You are welcome. :yeah:

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,254 Posts

Agree. There are a few Japanese and Brazilian songs I want to enter in the future and literally dozens upon dozens of 1960s French pop which I'd love to enter as well. Yeah, and the occasional Spanish, Finnish, Czech, Hungarian and Polish song too. :)

·
Registered
27,383 Posts

I haven't thought of submitting a Spanish song yet cause it would be too obvious that it was me who sent and I love surprises :p
Anyway, I mostly listen to music in English :lol:

·
Registered
12,152 Posts

I haven't thought of submitting a Spanish song yet cause it would be too obvious that it was me who sent and I love surprises :p
One of the songs I considered for this game was actually a Spanish one. With a big language like that, it shouldn't be as obvious as, say, somebody nominating a Norwegian-language one... we do actually have a song by a Norwegian band in game three, but they sing in English - and it was not me nominating them.

·
Administrator
65,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

32 songs nominated so far

and Merry Xmas to everyone

·
Registered
2,097 Posts

I don't think so , there's quite a few international artists like Shakira,Xtina,Nelly Furtado and J.Lo that have released Latin album and some sell really well.

·
Registered
12,152 Posts

I can mention here that one category I have considered requesting for a later game, in the unlikely event I should win one, would be songs with non-English lyrics. Any other language would do :)

·
Registered
15,338 Posts

^:lol: Noooo :hysteric: (I wouldnt be able to watch any of them :p)

·
Registered
15,338 Posts

Haha no its ok :lol: Ill just find some incredibly random Romanian song :sobbing:

41 - 60 of 438 Posts