Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
In Canada:

Falco - #1 and two other almost Top 10 hits.

(After The Fire's mostly english cover of Falco's "Der Kommissar" also charted at the same time as the original on the Top Singles Chart peaking at #12, Falco peaked at #11 during the same week. )

Kraftwerk almost Top 10, and another song briefly on the Top Singles Chart, but that was in english.

Rammstein #2 on Alternative chart.

Nena went #1, but that was the english version.

Reactions: Beat

·
Registered
36,705 Posts
Rammstein and Falco in Norway. We associate Nena with the English translation, same with Kraftwerk. Even though I personally nominated Taschenrechner rather than Pocket Calculator.
markus, do you know ho many songs in german have won? i did once with 2raumwohnung, but don't remember if there were any others.

·
Registered
12,518 Posts
markus, do you know ho many songs in german have won? i did once with 2raumwohnung, but don't remember if there were any others.
Nena won with 99 Luftballoons already in game 12, before you started playing. It was a non-English theme, hence German version being nominated (by N.M). It made German the 2nd winning language after 11 songs in English.

Besides that I believe 2raumwohnung is the only one, from game 146. About time we got another one - even though with this theme one can't really call it an accoplishment.

·
Premium Member
41,614 Posts
I would say that Mozart, Beethoven and Bach are still the most known, and best sellers, to these days. 🤡

·
Registered
12,518 Posts
I would say that Mozart, Beethoven and Bach are still the most known, and best sellers, to these days. 🤡
You'd probably be right, but I don't think of those as German-singing any more than I think of The Shadows as English-singing.

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
45,625 Posts
I didn't know Sandra released songs in German :eek:

·
45,625 Posts
I ended up nominating a song that will lose in SF, but I've browsed through so many amazing so-bad-they're-great German songs I had forgotten, I hope someone else will dare to enter :D

(Alas Moskau by Dschingis Khan was previously entered, so no Natasha-ha-ha du bist schön for us in this game :'( )

·
Registered
12,518 Posts
This is the only nomination I've done in German language that got good points from Beat.

I can add it's the only nomination of a Swiss artist I've done that good good points from Beat, regardless of language.

·
Registered
36,705 Posts
oh, i remember being blown away by the fact that you even knew that song by gimma. the lyrics are hilarious, so a good example for a song that probably works better if you understand it. i hope JMG would accept swiss german 😅
but there's really not much swiss music i enjoy. i think i only nominated three myself, one being grauzone (in "high" german), the second being yello (in english), the third being bibi vaplan (in romansh). but i gave you decent points for that mystical metal band form lucerne, the name escapes me right now.

·
Premium Member
41,614 Posts
The latest Swiss act who blew me away is Chin Chin. 200% my alley, yet I had never heard about them before they were entered in this game for the punk rock girls edition. Their album released in the 80s is now among my big favorites of this decade.

·
45,625 Posts

·
Trainwreck
58,561 Posts
Ha, Sandra. I like "Maria Magdalena" but I've not dared to hear anything else.

German language has little hold in NZ. Plenty of boys my gen liked Rammstein, and yeah that one Nena song. That's it.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
The latest Swiss act who blew me away is Chin Chin. 200% my alley, yet I had never heard about them before they were entered in this game for the punk rock girls edition. Their album released in the 80s is now among my big favorites of this decade.
Yes, that was mine! :giggle::cool:

Reactions: Hugues

·
45,625 Posts
Ha, Sandra. I like "Maria Magdalena" but I've not dared to hear anything else.

German language has little hold in NZ. Plenty of boys my gen liked Rammstein, and yeah that one Nena song. That's it.
Not even “In the heat of the night” ?

41 - 60 of 118 Posts