Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
20,044 Posts
It is a great theme! So many good oldies. Sucks that I have already nominated one of my fave bands.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,175 Posts
So I presume a German band singing in English is not eligible then? Just asking to get confirmation of this one way or the other.

·
Registered
36,705 Posts
Given the focus is on German language, I'm guessing I can't nominate an instrumental from a German composer? 👻
So I presume a German band singing in English is not eligible then? Just asking to get confirmation of this one way or the other.
guys … "Send a song with German lyrics. The majority of words should be in German"

·
Registered
36,705 Posts
anyway, i wonder who are the most famous german-singing acts around the world. nena? rammstein? errr, that's it …?

·
***** Emeritus
42,640 Posts
anyway, i wonder who are the most famous german-singing acts around the world. nena? rammstein? errr, that's it …?
I'm pretty sure this is the most famous German singer in Belgium :eek:

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I think Kraftwerk are more known for the English rendition of their songs, at least in the Americas. And I'm not sure Nena is known for more than one track across the world, to be honest.

In Argentina it's up between Rammstein and Die Toten Hosen, most likely. Maybe Nina Hagen, but she's known for tracks both in German and English.

·
Registered
20,044 Posts
In Serbia Rammstein... Nena was popular only with "99 Lüftballons"

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,175 Posts
I think Kraftwerk are more known for the English rendition of their songs, at least in the Americas. And I'm not sure Nena is known for more than one track across the world, to be honest.

In Argentina it's up between Rammstein and Die Toten Hosen, most likely. Maybe Nina Hagen, but she's known for tracks both in German and English.
That is true but a lot of their recordings were made in both English and German hence the German recordings would be eligible for this theme.

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
45,625 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is the most famous German singer in Belgium :eek:

View attachment 182138
Your half of Belgium maybe, I have no idea who that is and I grow up 15 minutes away from Germany 🤣

On our side depending on your age range it would be either Nena, Rammstein or Tokio Hotel 🤣🤣

Reactions: SRB Analyst

·
***** Emeritus
42,640 Posts
Your half of Belgium maybe, I have no idea who that is and I grow up 15 minutes away from Germany 🤣

On our side depending on your age range it would be either Nena, Rammstein or Tokio Hotel 🤣🤣
Yep, you're right, I was talking about Flanders. And (partly) joking ;)

·
Registered
20,044 Posts

Oh, I forgot about Tokio Hotel. That fangirling was insane xD

Reactions: ^bibi^

·
Registered
12,518 Posts
Rammstein and Falco in Norway. We associate Nena with the English translation, same with Kraftwerk. Even though I personally nominated Taschenrechner rather than Pocket Calculator.

21 - 40 of 118 Posts