Tennis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
30,704 Posts
Lol the Americans are such amateurs. K-Pop pioneering bands like the legendary critically acclaimed BLACKblueGREENvioletYELLOW Lipstick have invented a rigorously professional approach to gurl group selleck-tion. It involves ear measurement and a limbo contest. And Feet. All of that to prevent laughable disasters like that Fifth Harmony. Lol Such a random fail.

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
30,704 Posts
I'm having so much fun this morning.

·
Administrator
67,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Overnight replacements :-

Song 4 replaced with En Vogue - Giving Him Something He Can Feel

Song 23 replaced with Junip - Your Life Your Call

·
Administrator
67,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
There are still mistakes on this used songs list, like the song "John Lennon" (which was actually "Lennon" only) by Léonie placed at "Léonie" by John Lennon. I imagine a newbie wanting to send that song again some year and not finding it on that list, artist or song. 🤡
I've amended that so on the next update it will show.

Unless it's an obvious mistake to me when people send songs I always use what the nominator calls the artist/song - or when it's just a You Tube link only sent - I use the titles that are on You Tube

·
Premium Member
39,370 Posts
I've amended that so on the next update it will show.

Unless it's an obvious mistake to me when people send songs I always use what the nominator calls the artist/song - or when it's just a You Tube link only sent - I use the titles that are on You Tube
It was me who sent that Léonie song. 🤡

The YT video I used had it as "John Lennon" instead of "Lennon" for the song (I recall that), which led to confusion, but I had probably sent it as I always send them, with artist and title followed with the video (unless I forgot). Can't recall if I had it as "Lennon" or "John Lennon" for the song, though. Maybe I just followed the YT title myself.

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,223 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,370 Posts
By the way @AdeyC the excel sheet might need a part 2 as not all songs are shown.
If you use the link for used songs list in the early posts of this game (post 3), you'll find a sheet in two parts.

·
Registered
30,704 Posts
Reeeeeee! Several peasants in the threads, including SMaria, confessed their love of a famous ephebe, allegedly a G-Pop singer.

Stan barbarians never understand my caustic sense of humour. Let them clutch their pearls and faint and melt on their Victorian setee!

·
Registered
30,704 Posts
Oops forgot to post:

lol

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
So disappointed with the lack of Spice Girls. :cry:

·
Premium Member
39,370 Posts
SF1 one of those songs is so much beyond the crop it's not even funny

1. A1 - Six Feet Under
2. Meltdown - Alien Autopsy
3. Shonen Knife - Banana Chips
4. En Vogue - Giving Him Something He Can Feel
5. D.A.N - Curtain
6. Madasun - Don't You Worry
7. The Rapture - Echoes
8. And One - Enjoy The Unknown
9. Lucie,Too - Falling For You
10. BFF - Girls Against Boys
11. Five - Human
12. Sleater-Kinney - Hurry On Home
13. Step By Step - I Always Wanted To Be In The Band
14. The Pussycats - I Want Your Love
15. Sister Act - I Will Follow Him
16. dvsn - In Between
17. The Veronicas - In My Blood
18. Honey Ltd. - I've Got Your Man
19. Aly & AJ - Joan of Arc on the Dance Floor

SF2 why is SF2 always better than SF1? :unsure:

20. The Rubens - Live In Life
21. Destiny's Child - Lose My Breath
22. Sister Sledge - Lost In Music
23. Junip - Your Life Your Call
24. Red Lorry Yellow Lorry - Monkey's on Juice
25. Foals - My Number
26. A R I Z O N A - Nostalgic
27. The Flirtations - Nothing But A Heartache
28. MUNA - Number One Fan
29. Ofege - Ofege
30. Grupa 220 - Osmijeh
31. The Pussycat Dolls - React
32. Kabul Dreams - Sadae Man
33. Ace Of Cups - Simplicity
34. Fifth Harmony - Sledgehammer
35. KISS - Thou Shall Not
36. The Temptations - Treat Her Like a Lady
37. Les Fizz - Trois filles pour un garçon

The songs in red have a wide array of listenability. 🤡

·
Administrator
67,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
By the way @AdeyC the excel sheet might need a part 2 as not all songs are shown.
It does - check the bottom tabs - there's one of the full list and also part 1 and part 2 next to it - for some reason the full list is only viewable up to post 10,000 for anyone other than me.

·
Administrator
67,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Song One – replaced with A1 - Six Feet Under

·
Premium Member
39,370 Posts
My favourite albums of Shonen Knife are the first four (though the real first was released as a cassette only before them, I haven't heard it). They're different from what they will do from the fifth on (Let's Knife). In the early 90s they were praised by Kurt Cobain and supported Nirvana on the American tour. They opted for a bigger sound, and pretty basic structures (not that they were much more elaborated before), which make them sound like a female version of the Ramones with a Japanese accent. I purchased a bunch of those CDs as well, and if they're not bad, they have nothing special to me. On the other hand, the first four are infinitely more charming and fresh, without relying on a systematically big sound. The guitars are more clear, the sound is kinda more cute and acid at once. I love those first four records, and that's why I like Shonen Knife (usually, when I like an artist or a group, I only have what I like from them in mind, not what I like less).

1983: Burning Farm
1984: Yama No Attchan
1986: Pretty Little Baka Guy
1991: 712

Those are probably the albums Cobain loved as well. Before becoming Ramonesque, Shonen Knife definitely had a twee pop charm. My cup of tea, with a peel of lemon. 🙂

·
Registered
11,005 Posts
Most Korean bands look like they are formed by robots, i agree. But at least they are somewhat cohesive.

Fifth Harmony was honestly a bunch of 5 different (and not that talented) soloists trying to outshine each other and the result was a hot mess. They had the hits but didn't last long for a reason.
Great from you to enlighten me on history of k-pop that I've never cared about before.

·
Registered
13,859 Posts
Reeeeeee! Several peasants in the threads, including SMaria, confessed their love of a famous ephebe, allegedly a G-Pop singer.

Stan barbarians never understand my caustic sense of humour. Let them clutch their pearls and faint and melt on their Victorian setee!
Totally off topic but it never ceases to amaze me how people on this forum who don't speak English as a first language/aren't British know pretty obscure sayings such as this.

Reactions: SRB Analyst
101 - 120 of 412 Posts