Tennis Forum banner

121 - 140 of 202 Posts

·
***** Emeritus
41,873 Posts
This thread is dead lol. Such a difference with the empresses game...

I would post something but my mother taught me to not say anything if you don't have something nice to say :D

·
Registered
19,336 Posts

I would post something but my mother taught me to not say anything if you don't have something nice to say :D
In my opinion, better that 1 review than no reviews at all.

·
Registered
30,525 Posts

Yeah, strange. Where did the swarm go?

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
SF1
Some quick comments since the thread is dead. I quite enjoyed this semi. The games have been quite enjoyable for me lately, and I know that's not the case for everyone but hopefully some games come in the future (like 1950s) which they will enjoy.

Song One – Aaron Neville - Be Your Man
love beat, don't love his voice. Whilst I'd say it's a decent strong start, I did start getting bored of this after the half-way mark.

Song Two – D'Angelo - Brown Sugar
great voice. hadn't heard this song before. I do prefer more modern RnB but it's a good song.

Song Three – The Weeknd - Call Out My Name
I love Abel. I'm surprised this song hasn't been submitted before. My Dear Meloncholy was a great EP and I thought it'd be hard to follow on from but After Hours was even better imo. One of my favourite songs of his.

Song Four – Frank Ocean - Chanel
it's sad that I associate this song with TikTok. Love this song and whilst I think he is overrated, I still really enjoy all his music.

Song Five – RuPaul - Click Clack (Make Dat Money)
it's hard to get past his trash ass personality. This is annoyingly catchy.

Song Six – Cautious Clay - Cold War
love this, it's a great discovery for me.

Song Seven – Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River
JTs best song imo. It hasn't aged as much as I thought it would.

Song Eight – Steve Lacy - Dark Red
the first song I haven't enjoyed much in this semi.

Song Nine – BenjiFlow - Deep End
The best at the start was great, enjoyed it a lot but the long kind of stagnated for me there unfortunately. I can definitely see it being a grower though.

Song Ten – Bruno Major - Easily
quite different to everything else in this semi. cute song and I really enjoyed the lyrics. It's a grower.

Song Eleven – Khalid - Eleven
not my favourite song of his if I'm being completely honest. That being said, I enjoy almost all his songs.

Song Twelve – Mac Miller - Floating
this is the first Mac Miller song I've listened to (since The Way) and I'm completely taken back by his voice. I did not expect this. I thought it would be much more on the rap end of RnB.

Song Thirteen – Raplh Tresvant - Sensitivity
Funky and very pure old-school RnB. It'll definitely be getting some pts but probably the mid-low range.

Song Fourteen – Jai Paul – He
Very different to everything else here. I enjoyed it.

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
SF2
SF1 > SF2. I would have appreciated songs in this semi more but I think the placement impacted them. There's a string of songs which all have the same tempo so it is very easy to get bored. The Empress theme worked out well because there was good variety. The variety seriously lacked in this semi. That being said, I will enjoy this semi more than a lot of other games.

Song Fifteen – Taio Cruz - I Just Wanna Know
Dynamite and Break Your Heart were both on my shortlist since they're such guilty pleasures. I really like the bridge in this song

Song Sixteen – Daniel Caesar - Japanese Denim

He is underrated imo but this isn't my favourite song of his.

Song Seventeen – Nelly - Just A Dream

This song was released 10 years ago but tbh it feels like a naughties song. To me, this song hasn't really aged at all. I still love it to this day.

Song Eighteen – McClenney - Just Stay

he has a really smooth voice

Song Nineteen – ASAP Rocky - LSD

a very chill song and not what I expected when I saw he was the artist. It was a pleasant surprise

Song Twenty – Anderson .Paak (ft. Smokey Robinson) - Make It Better

loved the strings in the background. I've always felt that he deserves more recognition

Song Twenty-One – Raphael Saadiq - Movin' Down The Line

it's too swing(?? not sure if this is the right term) for me.

Song Twenty-Two – Tom Misch and Yussef Dayes ft. Freddie Gibbs - Nightrider

It's a good song but it's a little too flat for me and I got bored.

Song Twenty-Three – Anthony Hamilton - Pass Me Over

this song is too long for a song which doesn't have much variation. the piano was nice

SongTwenty-Four – Toro Y Moi - So Many Details

it'll probably get middle range points for me. I enjoy the beat. I think I appreciate it more because of the last few songs but it's still ehh

Song Twenty-Five – Frank Ocean - Super Rich Kids

I like Chanel more than this but this song will benefit from being in the weaker SF.

Song Twenty-Six – YellowStraps - Take Over

it's okay. Ranking the songs is going to be very difficult.

Song Twenty-Seven – Amery - You Know

I really liked this. It benefits from being in SF2 over SF1 though

Song Twenty-Eight – Lee Fields & The Expressions - You're the Kind of Girl

not my type of song

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,180 Posts
Can you give an example for a song that would be spot of as a nomination for Plebs of Garage Rock? I am not sure how it differs from more "standard" garage rock.
It doesn't. Virtually all garage rock comes from working class/occasionally middle class roots. But the name sounds amusing in a quirky way and it would be a fun contrast from our Emperor/Empress themes of late. :)

I simply like the idea of going from emperors to plebs. :D And the word "plebs" is a good choice in my view to reflect a style of music that is very down to earth, quite self-deprecating, and very unself-conscience.

·
Registered
36,266 Posts
after heavy initial eyerolling at this playlist, i discovered some growers. but the picks for khalid and anderson .paak are disappointing, they both have much better songs.

·
Registered
19,336 Posts
That SF1 is a hell... mumbling Frank Ocean and awful song, Khalid, two generous vultures in The Weeknd and Justin Timberlake (wtf are those songs... I like their earlier stuff), then we have that Mac Miller, following with Ralph who? The last track in that SF1 is clearly the best.

·
Administrator
66,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
121 - 140 of 202 Posts