19,614 Posts

·
Registered
19,710 Posts
Nice results.

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
Oh my, I won the game! :D This was a very exciting and unpredictable ceremony, 5 songs were in the game up to the last vote. ;) Thank you Adey, this is top class entertainment!

Winner's speech:

Yasss, happy to have made it in such a tough game! 🥰 That final is the juiciest line-up ever. I cannot wait to listen again! 🌺

I just want to say, given all the drama this game seems to attract, something really positive. This is without a doubt the most enjoyable and highest quality game across the board that I have ever played. Now I know I was an inactive player until fairly recently, just coming in every so often in the past but rarely, but this lineup was something extra-ordinary. With every listen, it got harder and harder to rank the songs, and for the first time ever in BSG I found myself giving 0 points to songs that I actually liked. For the first time, I made an entire spotify playlist with all of the songs and the vast majority, most of which I knew before but some of which I didn't, are still on repeat.

Semifinal 1 is the most incredible run of songs and by far the strongest semifinal I have ever witnessed, songs I literally have saved in my playlists were getting 2s, 3s and 4s in favour of one or two absolute gems that I didn't know of before, as well as a few that I did know but hadn't heard in a long time. Shoutout to everyone who sent for that semifinal, and to those who didn't qualify or who didn't get points from me, I'm really sorry because there was truly not one single poor song in that semifinal. At all. I mean, I gave ZERO to Kelela who is one of my most listened to artists. SF2, while just half a step behind the peak that is SF1, was still a fantastic listen. I would like to thank everyone for making this an absolutely unforgettable week for me.

I had hoped for a few more gems than usual this week, but I never expected two semifinals this rich in quality songs, from so many different voices, in so many different styles. I am honestly shocked to see RnB (female RnB, in this case), so fully and wholly accurately represented in all of it's forms - from throwbacks, to fusions, to new gems from budding starlets that deserve more of a platform, as well as some of my very favourite RnB girls that I feel normally only I or a couple of other posters would send. Sorry for blabbing on, but I really did not expect to be this wowed considering RnB is not sent very often, and I really underestimated a lot of people here who have truly done justice to this genre, and I couldn't be more grateful. This is the cream of the crop, and exactly the kind of game I thought I could only dream of when I picked my theme, and the final promises to be even better as the best of the best have made it - minus a couple of true gems that deserved better, like @zvonarevarulz's Jhené entry which I've loved for months, @bud887's Mary J Blige classic or @Sammo's rich, smooth Erkyah Badu number. This week was so strong that it was inevitable a couple of tracks would be undersold, but despite this, we have been left with a truly thrilling final that I can't wait to listen to over and over. Good luck to everyone and thanks again for making this week something truly fun and special for me! 💕 I really appreciate it.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,466 Posts
That could have gone a lot worse. Good tracks throughout the top 10 and a very palatable top 3 podium. Well done Silent Bird. And congrats as well to The Crow and Pierre. "Summer Blues" particularly was a real grower but all the top 3 were very decent tracks. I'm glad once again I participated in this one.

Thanks as always Adey for your wonderful running of these games. (y)

·
Milk and honey
3,587 Posts
Wow!! Top 3! ☺💓🙌 Just my third time doing that and second recently, didn’t expect this given my song didn’t seem to make much noise in the thread and went under the radar :) absolutely thrilled the Alex Mali song was well liked across the board, it’s one of my favourites and it would never do this well in another game. I wasn’t sure about what to send and cogitated over it for a very long time, so to make the podium in your own game is chef’s kiss 🥰 and first in the semifinal! Very surprising. Lost a couple of voters and just went down a few points per voter overall, perhaps other songs became more interesting after the first listen. Many thanks to everyone who voted! 💙

Big congrats to @Silent Bird, love that song and any of my top 5/6 songs I was happy to see win today! Glad my words served as an inspiration to “your” speech 😛 a Melania to Michelle tea 🤣 Congrats too to @The Crow on your second place finish, any song that finished in my points I absolutely adored this week and you deserved it. 🤗

Finally a big thanks again to anyone who sent a song for my theme this week, at first I was worried about how it would received or if it would get as many entrants, and then what kind of game it would be, as I know RnB isn’t particularly loved here. That said, it truly ended up being the strongest game I can remember ever playing, and my goal of introducing RnB back into this game and opening other’s minds to the best of what the genre has to offer was successful, so I couldn’t be happier. A podium finish for a song I really vibe with was the cherry on the cake of a perfect week! 🌺

·
***** Emeritus
42,030 Posts
Congrats Silent Bird, nice song. Congrats Pierre as well. Always nice if someone does well in their own game. But you seem to be the biggest victim of non-voters in the final. Big lead in that semi, where my song came only 4th.

Always nice to see people discover a song/artist that you send. Too bad it doesn't always work when I love the song/artist myself ;)

Oh and be glad that I didn't win this game or it would have been payback time for me having to sit through two R&B games. Although I do have another chance lol.

Thanks Adey!

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
I am pretty sure I'll be eliminated tomorrow in the semifinals of the Deadly Sins game. To continue with the tradition. ;)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Congrats Silent Bird, nice song. Congrats Pierre as well. Always nice if someone does well in their own game. But you seem to be the biggest victim of non-voters in the final. Big lead in that semi, where my song came only 4th.

Always nice to see people discover a song/artist that you send. Too bad it doesn't always work when I love the song/artist myself ;)

Oh and be glad that I didn't win this game or it would have been payback time for me having to sit through two R&B games. Although I do have another chance lol.

Thanks Adey!
if i win 329 i'll make a gothic game for lolz

·
x
34,514 Posts
Congrats SB and the podium! And to think I nearly didn’t vote :eek:h:

but again I’d just like to say thanks to the submitters of my top 3 in the final - those were great finds for me

·
Registered
36,382 Posts
again not great voting IMO, with just 3 of my pointers in the top 10.
but fab pick, joris! 😍

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
@The Crow

I even helped you by not voting and you still blew it. 🤦 I was really looking forward to your theme too. :cry:

Congrtats to Nik. I didn't like your entry much but that's not an unusual opinion for me to have about the winning song. Please choose a good theme.

Reactions: The Crow
381 - 399 of 399 Posts