Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
***** Emeritus
41,647 Posts
i remembered "bad romance", but i'd totally supressed ariana grande winning a game 🙊
this new song of theirs is … very basic.
I haven't. That was the period I still thought Litotes' taste was impeccable but then he won with an Ariana Grande song :D

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
I have a perfect song here. Actually had in mind for another game but had other options.

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
i remembered "bad romance", but i'd totally supressed ariana grande winning a game 🙊
this new song of theirs is … very basic.
I won game 164 with Into You. You gave it 4 points in the SF but then didn't vote in the F, very unlike you, I don't remember why. But you were likely not following that final closely.

I'd very likely have won even if you voted, in case you're curious. I was 9 points in front of Duke Dumont's Ocean Drive (nom. by Milan) which you gave 6 in the other SF. And more than 12 ahead of anything else.

I haven't. That was the period I still thought Litotes' taste was impeccable but then he won with an Ariana Grande song :D
You gave it 5 points in both SF and F. You gave me zero SF points in game 157, 3 in 158, 1 point in game 159 and zero in 161...in fact that 5 was above average for the period. But of course none of the other ones secured a memorable placing :)

·
Registered
30,305 Posts
I won game 164 with Into You. You gave it 4 points in the SF but then didn't vote in the F, very unlike you, I don't remember why. But you were likely not following that final closely.

I'd very likely have won even if you voted, in case you're curious. I was 9 points in front of Duke Dumont's Ocean Drive (nom. by Milan) which you gave 6 in the other SF. And more than 12 ahead of anything else.

You gave it 5 points in both SF and F. You gave me zero SF points in game 157, 3 in 158, 1 point in game 159 and zero in 161...in fact that 5 was above average for the period. But of course none of the other ones secured a memorable placing :)
What was the category? You do realize that points distributions depend on the quality of the other songs competing for points?

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,817 Posts

I like this post. :)

I think all of us (even me sometimes ;)) have a tendency to rewrite history and sometimes only hard cold unchanging statistics can counter that. I fully applaud this post for preserving the truth and reality. Actually this was precisely what my reasoning was when I referred to the frequency FatM and Holly Golightly have appeared in these games.

Having said that, I am really hoping I don't now have to face the embarrassment of being told I too gave Ariana substantial points contributing to her BSG victory. :ROFLMAO:

EDIT: I should add so no one thinks I am goading them this has nothing to do with the exact situation or any particular poster. But Markus (or anyone else for that matter) resetting reality by referring to how actual voting happened is always welcome and I love Markus' ability to bring up stats like this to reset history in its proper order.

·
Registered
30,305 Posts
What was the category? You do realize that points distributions depend on the quality of the other songs competing for points?
I like this post. :)

I think all of us (even me sometimes ;)) have a tendency to rewrite history and sometimes only hard cold unchanging statistics can counter that. I fully applaud this post for preserving the truth and reality. Actually this was precisely what my reasoning was when I referred to the frequency FatM and Holly Golightly have appeared in these games.

Having said that, I am really hoping I don't now have to face the embarrassment of being told I too gave Ariana substantial points contributing to her BSG victory.

EDIT: I should add so no one thinks I am goading them this has nothing to do with the exact situation or any particular poster. But Markus (or anyone else for that matter) resetting reality by referring to how actual voting happened is always welcome and I love Markus' ability to bring up stats like this to reset history in its proper order.
"Post 2010 Pop" was the category where Ariana Grande won and received the amazingly high 5 points from The Crow.

Deliberate misapplication of "stats" is pure evil. It's painting a completely skewed picture, it's a tool of historic revisionism. Definitely nothing to celebrate.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
"Post 2010 Pop" was the category where Ariana Grande won and received the amazingly high 5 points from The Crow.

Deliberate misapplication of "stats" is pure evil. It's painting a completely skewed picture, it's a tool of historic revisionism. Definitely nothing to celebrate.
It does not matter... the important thing here is that The Crow gave 5 points to Ariana Grande and that is being investigated by the Emeritus Society of True Goths of Belgium with possible badge confiscation consequences... :p

·
Registered
30,305 Posts
It does not matter... the important thing here is that The Crow gave 5 points to Ariana Grande and that is being investigated by the Emeritus Society of True Goths of Belgium with possible badge confiscation consequences... :p
👀

I guess he should forfeit his right to vote next time.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,817 Posts

I would concede Markus should have mentioned that detail...yeah. I'm pretty sure that I stood that one out then, quite sensibly I would imagine.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
:LOL::LOL:
The Crow explain yourself.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
:LOL::LOL:
The Crow explain yourself.

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
Having said that, I am really hoping I don't now have to face the embarrassment of being told I too gave Ariana substantial points contributing to her BSG victory. :ROFLMAO:
No worries. You were on a break, not participating in games 161-64. Can't remember why, but it obviously means you gave my winner a Grande total of 0 points.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
And he only gave me 1 point for my Immortal "Scouts" song :)

21 - 40 of 60 Posts