Tennis Forum banner

321 - 331 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
I'm actually having mixed feelings right now. While i'm euphoric and very, very happy right now because i won in just my 3rd game which is something completely crazy to me, i'm also concerned of the amount of drama some people are making in here for absolutely nothing. I get that i'm "new" to all of this but it's not really a nice feeling when people say you won or you got high points because of a "team effort" or a "voting bloc". If you actually take a look at the table you will see that the people you are accusing of cheating actually got points from diverse people, which proves this so called voting bloc is non existant and okay, there are similar votes, but didn't you even think about the possibility of sharing the same taste in music and that being the cause of voting for songs from similar genres? It sounds much more logical than name calling people and saying they are cheaters.

Anyway, just wanted to say that but i absolutely don't want it to overshadow my joy right now. Let Me Know is a fantastic song i discovered this year and i absolutely fell in love with it and with Roisin, so winning with this one is extremely special to me and i couldn't be happier

Also many many congratulations to @danyal123 (bb ) and @Wozzy! for making the podium with fabulous songs too and obviously to @AdeyC for organizing and making this game happen which i repeat, is admirable to me.

Thanks everyone for the nice messages
Congrats, Roisin is my favourite singer!

But your paragraph about cheating is strange. Do you know what happened a few years ago? Do I need to come up with receipts?

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,948 Posts
Congrats, Roisin is my favourite singer!

But your paragraph about cheating is strange. Do you know what happened a few years ago? Do I need to come up with receipts?
yes please

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Congrats to chainedtomaria :) Impressive win, unusually big margin of victory. I think the 2nd biggest for any song I myself didn't give any points :lol:

Congrats also to danyal123 for a unique achievement, getting 2nd place without being the best song with its title ;) And to Wozzy on making the podium :)

Adey :worship:

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I'm actually having mixed feelings right now. While i'm euphoric and very, very happy right now because i won in just my 3rd game which is something completely crazy to me, i'm also concerned of the amount of drama some people are making in here for absolutely nothing. I get that i'm "new" to all of this but it's not really a nice feeling when people say you won or you got high points because of a "team effort" or a "voting bloc". If you actually take a look at the table you will see that the people you are accusing of cheating actually got points from diverse people, which proves this so called voting bloc is non existant and okay, there are similar votes, but didn't you even think about the possibility of sharing the same taste in music and that being the cause of voting for songs from similar genres? It sounds much more logical than name calling people and saying they are cheaters.

Anyway, just wanted to say that but i absolutely don't want it to overshadow my joy right now. Let Me Know is a fantastic song i discovered this year and i absolutely fell in love with it and with Roisin, so winning with this one is extremely special to me and i couldn't be happier ❤

Also many many congratulations to @danyal123 (bb 💋) and @Wozzy! for making the podium with fabulous songs too and obviously to @AdeyC for organizing and making this game happen which i repeat, is admirable to me.

Thanks everyone for the nice messages 🥰👍
congratulations :)

don't pay attention to any bitching, none of this was happening when Silent Bird was winning with Roisin Murphy songs like 5 times already before, she's a well liked singer for everybody here. Fully deserved normal win fair and square.

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,219 Posts
1st in SF to 15th in F 😭

Congrats to chainedtomaria, and thanks to AdeyBear

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
Congratulations to my boyfriend. It’s finally over: the endless nights of scouring youtube for suitable songs, listening to hundred of playlists to get that hit. You’ve worked so hard. Now your reward is here, and you totally deserve it. I’ve watched you struggle and fight for those titles, seen the determination on your face, and felt just the tip of the iceberg of stress that you’ve been under. You’ve earned this moment of joy. Enjoy it! Congratulations, and I love you. @chainedtomaria
Is this a quote from RuPaul?

Are you really boyfriends? Two boyfriends coming 1st and 2nd, that never happened before...

Reactions: DropShotAce

·
***** Emeritus
42,030 Posts
Congrats chainedtomaria. For me this is a typical boring Roisin Murphy song, but who am I to argue with the majority? ;)

Well done, danyal123 (the better Let Me Know song) and Wozzy! (you can't go wrong with The Cranberries).

Expected last place (well actually I was highly surprised my song got into the final). Too bad some SF 12s didn't vote, I could have been 19th for sure :D

And a suggestion to the (new) pop lovers: maybe you should get out of your comfort zones a bit more too, like I think most players try to do here (I know I do). Just a suggestion....

Thanks Our Adey!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Congrats chainedtomaria. For me this is a typical boring Roisin Murphy song, but who am I to argue with the majority? ;)

Well done, danyal123 (the better Let Me Know song) and Wozzy! (you can't go wrong with The Cranberries).

Expected last place (well actually I was highly surprised my song got into the final). Too bad some SF 12s didn't vote, I could have been 19th for sure :D

And a suggestion to the (new) pop lovers: maybe you should get out of your comfort zones a bit more too, like I think most players try to do here (I know I do). Just a suggestion....

Thanks Our Adey!
this was a super cool song
i've heard it in the past but never knew the artist

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,466 Posts
Fully agree with this suggestion. I am happy to see a lot of new participants in these games but I do hope they use these games to branch out of their musical comfort zones. That is really what these games are all about.

That said, congrats to @chainedtomaria . Fine song and I certainly do not view this win as any sort of conspiracy. Roisin Murphy, with good reason, is immensely popular in these games at all times and this song did always look a pretty likely winner. The margin of victory might suggest something of a voting block in existence, but I suspect this song would have won regardless.

That there is a new voting block of more contemporary pop minded participants who have recently started playing is undeniable. That they support each other is undeniable too. I don't see anything wrong with this either. Providing of course that there is no organisational planning between the block. I would like to believe there isn't. It remains very important that participants maintain secrecy of their selection as much as it is humanly possible. Sharing with others who one has selected and/or knowledge of who others have selected goes very much against the principles of this game. I hope everyone, particularly all the new participants who are contributing are aware of this.

That said, I do welcome the new blood in these games. It will certainly make it a lot more unlikely I am going to get any wins in the near future but that's okay. I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over that. :ROFLMAO:

321 - 331 of 331 Posts