Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,941 Posts
I mean, I would understand that she hated the likes of Material Girl and Into the Groove if she'd only done serious, avant garde stuff ever since, but apart from some very good songs and albums she's also done a lot of crap, with way less value imo than those 80s pop songs that she hates, so I don't really get it.
In the 90s until about 2006 though, she was taken way more seriously as an artiste the way she wanted to be, and that’s when she really dragged her 80s output. Especially during Ray of Light/Music eras. Even then it definitely wasn’t everything 80s related, only what gave her the Boytoy/Material Girl image. If she’d toured more in the 90s instead of cramming 3 albums into the Drowned World Tour in 2001, we probably would have seen more performances and recognition of 80s hits like Live To Tell, Like a Prayer, Borderline, OpenYour Heart, butwhen you’re trying to market successful records like ROL and Music 15 years into your career why would you want to be associated with Material Girl. 10 years later when she jumped on the Timbaland bandwagon and straight into trying to be a 25 year old pop-star again she definitely softened towards her big 80s pop hits and accepted them as part of her legacy. She even performed Into The Groove, Like a Virgin and Material Girl a couple times, bitch even pulled out Crazy For You, Who’s That Girl and True Blue. I’ll be dead if she whips out Causing a Commotion at 70 😭🤠

Not everyone can be like Chair and continuously sing the same 70s hits on your 2773th farewell tour, only to start making albums of songs from ANOTHER 70s nostalgia act 🤭

·
Administrator
65,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
In the 90s until about 2006 though, she was taken way more seriously as an artiste the way she wanted to be, and that’s when she really dragged her 80s output. Especially during Ray of Light/Music eras. Even then it definitely wasn’t everything 80s related, only what gave her the Boytoy/Material Girl image. If she’d toured more in the 90s instead of cramming 3 albums into the Drowned World Tour in 2001, we probably would have seen more performances and recognition of 80s hits like Live To Tell, Like a Prayer, Borderline, OpenYour Heart, butwhen you’re trying to market successful records like ROL and Music 15 years into your career why would you want to be associated with Material Girl. 10 years later when she jumped on the Timbaland bandwagon and straight into trying to be a 25 year old pop-star again she definitely softened towards her big 80s pop hits and accepted them as part of her legacy. She even performed Into The Groove, Like a Virgin and Material Girl a couple times, bitch even pulled out Crazy For You, Who’s That Girl and True Blue. I’ll be dead if she whips out Causing a Commotion at 70 😭🤠
Has she ever done Dress You Up since the 80's? - I remember she opened her show with that when I saw her in the 80's

·
Administrator
65,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
16 songs nominated so far :

1 AdeyC
2 DuaZeepa
3 Potapovian
4 Laurent Moy
5 Silent Bird
6 SilverPersian
7 chainedtomaria
8 Poldo
9 Hugues Daniel
10 N.M.
11 Sammo
12 Pierre.
13 Mauriac
14 DropShotAce
15 Queen Vika
16 Lord Choc Ice

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,941 Posts
Has she ever done Dress You Up since the 80's? - I remember she opened her show with that when I saw her in the 80's
Omg you went the Virgin Tour! 😱 I am totally jealous.

Yes she has, in 2008 she did a rock version for the Sticky and Sweet tour and then it was in the Gypsy section of the Rebel Heart Tour. The 2008 version is horrendous, don’t go there. You might enjoy the Rebel Heart version though, it’s a medley with Into The Groove and some shows Lucky Star

·
Administrator
65,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Omg you went the Virgin Tour! 😱 I am totally jealous.

Yes she has, in 2008 she did a rock version for the Sticky and Sweet tour and then it was in the Gypsy section of the Rebel Heart Tour. The 2008 version is horrendous, don’t go there. You might enjoy the Rebel Heart version though, it’s a medley with Into The Groove and some shows Lucky Star
You're gonna hate me now - but she was on that same edition of TOTP as Cyndi Lauper was, but she obviously wasn't that massive a star then.

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,149 Posts
Please don't tell us you danced with her Madgesty also :hysteric:

·
Premium Member
38,655 Posts
You could still send a song with Madonna dancing behind some acts in 1979. But "Born to Be Alive" was already sent. Thank God. 🤡

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
QV is an ultimate fan and it gained respect from me. :)

·
Administrator
65,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Please don't tell us you danced with her Madgesty also :hysteric:
:) No it was only Cyndi - apart from that one bit I'm not noticable in the audience for the whole show.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,729 Posts

Not everyone can be like Chair and continuously sing the same 70s hits on your 2773th farewell tour, only to start making albums of songs from ANOTHER 70s nostalgia act 🤭
She should play this:

and this...

·
Administrator
65,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
18 songs nominated so far :-

1 AdeyC
2 DuaZeepa
3 Potapovian
4 Laurent Moy
5 Silent Bird
6 SilverPersian
7 chainedtomaria
8 Poldo
9 Hugues Daniel
10 N.M.
11 Sammo
12 Pierre.
13 Mauriac
14 DropShotAce
15 Queen Vika
16 Lord Choc Ice
17 Beat
18 The Crow

·
Administrator
65,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
22 songs nominated so far :

1 AdeyC
2 DuaZeepa
3 Potapovian
4 Laurent Moy
5 Silent Bird
6 SilverPersian
7 chainedtomaria
8 Poldo
9 Hugues Daniel
10 N.M.
11 Sammo
12 Pierre.
13 Mauriac
14 DropShotAce
15 Queen Vika
16 Lord Choc Ice
17 Beat
18 The Crow
19 Northstar
20 Fortitude
21 JMG
22 Number19

·
Milk and honey
3,400 Posts

·
Administrator
65,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
22 songs nominated so far :

1 AdeyC
2 DuaZeepa
3 Potapovian
4 Laurent Moy
5 Silent Bird
6 SilverPersian
7 chainedtomaria
8 Poldo
9 Hugues Daniel
10 N.M.
11 Sammo
12 Pierre.
13 Mauriac
14 DropShotAce
15 Queen Vika
16 Lord Choc Ice
17 Beat
18 The Crow
19 Northstar
20 Fortitude
21 JMG
22 Number19

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
for some sad reason, a lot of songs that I could have possibly picked out of my list was released either in 1969 or 1980... :mad:

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,729 Posts
for some sad reason, a lot of songs that I could have possibly picked out of my list was released either in 1969 or 1980... :mad:
Not surprising. The mid 70s was a relative waste land and most (not all but most) of the best stuff from this decade came at the start and the end of the decade. So it is natural that there will be a lot of songs at both edges that just miss the cut.

·
Registered
19,186 Posts
A lot of great psychedelic stuff come from early 70's. (70-72?)

61 - 80 of 97 Posts