161 - 180 of 224 Posts

·
Milk and honey
3,413 Posts
LMAO what an entrance

·
***** Emeritus
41,647 Posts
Not to be rude or anything, but this is my first game and i'm very surprised at how boring and dreadful most of the songs are. But each to their own i guess 🥴

Hello to everyone by the way!
You will become good friends with Perun!

·
Registered
19,188 Posts
He did not lie, tbh.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,816 Posts
For goodness sake. I totally get it if participants don't like a few of the songs here, we all have different tastes after all and no one is going to like all the songs here. But once again this is a very broad range of styles and eras that are being represented here. It is a very diverse selection of songs. None of us are going to like all the songs here but one would hope that anyone reasonably open minded would find a substantial number of tracks here that they did like. I don't think that is an unreasonable expectation considering the quality and range of songs on offer. It is a pretty strong selection of tracks in fact and the vast majority of participants have thought through their selections with considerable care.

What I said about the previous game applies here too. So much so that I feel forced to quote my post from that thread. The highlighted text has been altered in order to refer specifically to comments made in this particular thread:
Honestly I think this is a playlist that will appeal to people who like a wide variety of different styles of music. And perhaps conversely it will not appeal to those who have a more narrow range of styles they appreciate. I honestly don't know how one can dismiss music of such range of eras, styles and origins as "boring and dreadful" unless one is very close minded to a great deal of music which objectively I would say is quite worthwhile.

·
Premium Member
19,324 Posts
This game was fine. I found one of my all time favourite BSG songs over it. But the depressing part is I’ll have to vote for a song that I didn’t in SF due to very low percentage of my songs making it, but I have an idea which song that will be.

·
33,816 Posts
If he doesn’t like them, he doesn’t like them....
Nothing I said actually contradicts that in fact. ;)

I would add however that he should be advised that this is pretty much what he should expect from these games but if he is happy listening to a playlist that he finds "boring and dreadful" every week good luck to him. :)

·
Registered
10,772 Posts
My song once again is particularly not middle-of-the-road, but as my nice result with average Coldplay song suggests that I should have done otherwise.

·
Registered
13,633 Posts
Not to be rude or anything, but this is my first game and i'm very surprised at how boring and dreadful most of the songs are. But each to their own i guess 🥴

Hello to everyone by the way!
Can't wait to hear your song. 😀

·
EXPRESS YOURSELF
7,943 Posts
I rarely like more than 5 songs per game. There’s some new players sending a lot of pop songs, but contrary to popular belief I don‘t really like a lot of pop, and there’s still many players from the 100s and 200s sending avant garde, obscure or older songs that I just cannot vibe to. Likewise the music I listen to most like Alt-Rock, Electronica, Indie Rock rarely gets nominated and when it does it doesn’t do very well. However I’m still playing, I enjoy at least hearing what people have to say about all kinds of music, also despite not winning since game 147 🤨

·
Registered
19,188 Posts
My 10 last editions were abysmal, losing my song more than 5 times to some kind of atrocity. Not only this, my 12 or 10 points usually fail to qualify... a lot has changed, but usual players really have some dodgy moves... I don't like to bring it up, it is well known and they are really submitting mundane yawn inducing crap from time to time. Thank God we have Honey Honey and other fine oldies in this game.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hello to you, too. what kind of music/artists would you not describe as "boring and dreadful" then?
I mainly listen to pop, indie pop, hyperpop and R&B but i am very open to different genres and music. However, my comment was not directed to a specific genre i heard here but to the songs sent which are very diverse. It was just an honest first impression.

Nothing I said actually contradicts that in fact. ;)

I would add however that he should be advised that this is pretty much what he should expect from these games but if he is happy listening to a playlist that he finds "boring and dreadful" every week good luck to him. :)
Are you telling me i will find every single game awful? I doubt that's the case honestly. And if it is, i will keep playing it anyway because i like the format and i also love music so a couple of bad songs won't stop me, thank you ☺

Looking forward to playing more!

·
33,816 Posts
Are you telling me i will find every single game awful? I doubt that's the case honestly. And if it is, i will keep playing it anyway because i like the format and i also love music so a couple of bad songs won't stop me, thank you ☺

Looking forward to playing more!
I hope not. I sincerely hope not. And if you genuinely love music and are in possession of a reasonably open mind I don't see why you should find every game awful either. I was simply advising you that this selection of tracks was pretty representative of the kinds of selections one normally sees in these games. The selections do normally cover a wide cross section of eras, genres, styles, and locations. In that respect this game is pretty typical, in fact, I would say it is actually maybe a little above average if anything. Of course, some themed games are more specific towards a single genre or era or style or place so those games will be quite different but still great fun usually but as for this game it really was pretty representative of a normal BSG game.

Having said that, I absolutely don't wish to discourage you and I hope you continue play as you say you will and I hope even more that in the future you enjoy the playlists more than you appeared to enjoy this one and that you discover some music you might have previously been unfamiliar with and ideally maybe even broaden and expand the range of music you presently listen to. :)

161 - 180 of 224 Posts