Tennis Forum banner

341 - 358 of 358 Posts

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,182 Posts
o_O

Went from dead last to third within the space of 8 voters :D Thanks to N.M., Shveddy and MuteToucan for the 12s.

Congrats to Pierre, and to AdeyBear for being an amazing person.
With 10 voters to go you were 17 points from 19th place. At that point even 19th place would have required a substantial improvement. But from that point you really went on a tear. 73 points from the last 10 voters. In that span you went from 81 points away from 1st place to just 21 points behind. That is some run. If that could have been followed with a couple more 12s I am sure it would have been the biggest, most improbably comeback in TF history. :D

Must be still be as up there as one of the best comebacks from dead last place with 2/3 of the votes in the bag as these games have produced.

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,175 Posts
^I think I remember Mustafina making a charge from dead last at the halfway mark to first place with ... Winter Is Blue by Vashti Bunyan? Or it might have been another selection ...

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
i had a shitload of songs and ceremonies and i also had at least one huge come back, no idea when and with what song though but i remember laughing :D (no winner, but some podium place i think or top 5)

those are the best ones for all players :D

·
Registered
30,526 Posts
i had a shitload of songs and ceremonies and i also had at least one huge come back, no idea when and with what song though but i remember laughing :D (no winner, but some podium place i think or top 5)

those are the best ones for all players :D
I think recently with that Chilean Samantha Summers song you climbed to the podium in the last 3 or 4 votes which were mostly all 12?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wow, Hanging On did win! Big Congrats to Pierre!:love: Thank you for the great song! SO HAPPY!:D

Well, 8pm UK time is 3am in my time zone. I woke up and started to watch the show from the beginning. Half way through the process it sort of became a suspense drama. Exciting!

Really!? It turned out to be what I’ve predicted- “Hanging On…to win”!:ROFLMAO:
If not an award, can I at least get a souvenir for it? I mean, I really want that goofy delicious Turkey of Litotes’(Congrats for runner-up!⭐). Would you please…pull out a tail feather from it to make my crown?

Fun to be here to get to know people a bit, and also great music. The game demands much more time and devotion than I had expected. I learned a few things and will take them with me.^^

Thank you all, villagers of the music forest🦚! AdeyC is gracious! Guess I’ll join you again sometime.

Song title: Stay just the Way You Are

·
Registered
36,269 Posts
congrats, pierre! it's a song i remember liking, but it had completely vanished from my memory.
oh and thanks for the 12 points for "california owls" to potapovian and laurent moy as well).

pretty crazy to me how low these cornerstone songs by kate bush and tom waits finished 😳

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Ouch, 15th place with less than 40 pts margin from the winner.

Congrats Pierre! Really nice winning song.

Thank you Adey!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,175 Posts
o_O

Went from dead last to third within the space of 8 voters :D Thanks to N.M., Shveddy and MuteToucan for the 12s.

Congrats to Pierre, and to AdeyBear for being an amazing person.
AND thanks for the great theme SB. One that would definitely be worth revisiting in future.

Reactions: Silent Bird

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
congrats, pierre! it's a song i remember liking, but it had completely vanished from my memory.
oh and thanks for the 12 points for "california owls" to potapovian and laurent moy as well).

pretty crazy to me how low these cornerstone songs by kate bush and tom waits finished 😳
i have to add i haven't heard such a nice indie song (unknown to me before) in a long while. I'm stealing that one for my projects

·
Premium Member
104,723 Posts
VERY SURPRISING that Bad Apple did that well... I guess shamisen, koto and Taiko really did well with you guys. Thank you all!

Bad Apple was a song made for a Game but you can always count on Japanese people using traditional instruments to play a completely new rendition of the tune. They even did a short performance on Sailor Moon main theme

·
Milk and honey
3,524 Posts
Thanks everyone for the lovely congratulations 🥰 so warm! I just wanted to ask, even if this thread is probably going to be pretty inactive now, what you guys liked about my song? I've always been a huge fan of the harp so I wondered whether it was that, or whether it was the gorgeous vocal layering and harmonizing as the song continued to build? As I said earlier I got a lot of points from players of multiple tastes which is awesome, so I'd love to know what it is about the song that allowed it to resonate so well with lots of different people :) any responses (good or bad) welcome! 💗

·
***** Emeritus
41,875 Posts
I just liked the whole atmosphere of the song (I guess the harp has something to do with that). I've actually looked him up on spotify and saved some of his music. I only rarely do that anymore in BSG, so that's saying something.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Thanks everyone for the lovely congratulations 🥰 so warm! I just wanted to ask, even if this thread is probably going to be pretty inactive now, what you guys liked about my song? I've always been a huge fan of the harp so I wondered whether it was that, or whether it was the gorgeous vocal layering and harmonizing as the song continued to build? As I said earlier I got a lot of points from players of multiple tastes which is awesome, so I'd love to know what it is about the song that allowed it to resonate so well with lots of different people :) any responses (good or bad) welcome! 💗

I'm never at home with such questions. I did like the song, I thought it was very nice. But exactly what I liked about it? I do like the harp. I also like the voice usage and harmonizing. It sort of fell together naturally for me. I don't really have other words for it. I just trust my ears. I'd be entirely useless as a music critic.

341 - 358 of 358 Posts