Tennis Forum banner

161 - 180 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
19,188 Posts
mozell is getting my high points. Also for the integrity of gamers, Chocobo will have a good pass. :)

·
Administrator
65,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
8 hours to go :-

Adam
aerosmash
ArturJFC
Boreas
goOudinUSA
histery
Laurent Moy
Leif
Lord Choc Ice
Matmagix
Mauriac
Mustafina
N.M.
Perun
Pierre.
Potapovian
Sammo
Shvedbarilescu
Silent Bird
TennisFan102
TIEFSEE

·
Registered
17,840 Posts
I'm not confident about my song in this game.
To be honest, I picked the first song of my list that contains a few sounds or instruments.
Sorry for being lazy this time🙏😉

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,816 Posts
I definitely don't know enough Tom Waits after his first 5 albums. Still like his first one the best.
Fair enough. Personally I'd say he has a very strong body of work that is worth exploring from start to finish. From Swordfishtrombones onwards Captain Beefheart became a clear and strong influence on his music. That isn't apparent on all his music from that point onwards but it is pretty clear on a lot of it. So basically his music has become less traditional singer-songerwriter orientated and more avant garde overall. That is not to say he doesn't still write some fine songs, but overall his later day music is definitely more experimental and quirky. I think that is an important element that has kept his music fresh over an extended period. But there are a lot of rewards available from all his music wherever one looks in my view.

·
Trainwreck
58,283 Posts
Fair enough. Personally I'd say he has a very strong body of work that is worth exploring from start to finish. From Swordfishtrombones onwards Captain Beefheart became a clear and strong influence on his music. That isn't apparent on all his music from that point onwards but it is pretty clear on a lot of it. So basically his music has become less traditional singer-songerwriter orientated and more avant garde overall. That is not to say he doesn't still write some fine songs, but overall his later day music is definitely more experimental and quirky. I think that is an important element that has kept his music fresh over an extended period. But there are a lot of rewards available from all his music wherever one looks in my view.
I like his latter days that I've heard too. He was an easy 12 for semi 1.

·
33,816 Posts
It's a very good game, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to vote for SF.
Yeah. A very very good game. And with some many good songs it makes voting very challenging. The 1st half is stacked with great songs, quite a few I am very familiar with and have loved for many years and several others that are completely new to me. Good mix. 2nd half, the good stuff is every bit as good as the 1st half maybe slightly less deep and a bit more filler but still very strong as well. Excellent game all round. But for sure we are going to lose some quality entrees in the semis and that is always quite regrettable.

EDIT: I've now given all these tracks at least 3 listens but I am struggling big time to put them in any kind of proper order. I have a little more than an hour to figure out where I am going to place everything.

·
Administrator
65,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Hour to go :-

aerosmash
ArturJFC
Boreas
goOudinUSA
Laurent Moy
Leif
Mauriac
N.M.
Perun
Pierre.
Sammo
Shvedbarilescu
Silent Bird
TennisFan102

·
Registered
10,772 Posts
Whenever I hate the playlist I know I should get ready for an inevitable flop. Because if someone purposefully select random muzak I know than it means that no good taste is to be found across, and they're not here gonna be able to fall in love with my entry that demands more from a listener just like last week and here.

·
33,816 Posts
Whenever I hate the playlist I know I should get ready for an inevitable flop. Because if someone purposefully select random muzak I know than it means that no good taste is to be found across, and they're not here gonna be able to fall in love with my entry that demands more from a listener just like last week and here.
Honestly I think this is a playlist that will appeal to people who like a wide variety of different styles of music. And perhaps conversely it will not appeal to those who have a more narrow range of styles they appreciate. I honestly don't know how one can dismiss music of such range of eras, styles and origins as "random muzak" unless one is very close minded to a great deal of music which objectively I would say is quite worthwhile.

·
***** Emeritus
41,647 Posts
You're kidding right? I'm not sure if I like this game, but it was an interesting game nonetheless. And with great variety (well, bar the FATM songs perhaps ;)).

161 - 180 of 262 Posts