Tennis Forum banner

181 - 200 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
30,305 Posts
Whenever I hate the playlist I know I should get ready for an inevitable flop. Because if someone purposefully select random muzak I know than it means that no good taste is to be found across, and they're not here gonna be able to fall in love with my entry that demands more from a listener just like last week and here.
Art.

·
Administrator
65,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Deadline passed - no votes from :-

aerosmash
ArturJFC
Boreas
goOudinUSA
Leif
N.M.
Sammo
TennisFan102

Results in about an hour...................

·
Administrator
65,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #183

Semi-Final – One

Results

·
Administrator
65,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #184

Semi-Final – Two

Results

·
Administrator
65,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #185

Competitors in the Final

·
Administrator
65,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #186

Final

Song One – The Caretaker - All You Are Going to Want to do is Get Back There

Song Two – Kineie Nami - Bad Apple

Song Three – Death And Vanilla - California Owls

Song Four – Buddy Miles - Dreams

Song Five - The Moon and the Nightspirit - Ejkoszonto

Song Six - Andy Bey - Fragile

Song Seven – Canned Heat - Going Up In The Country

Song Eight – Active Child - Hanging On

Song Nine – Silver Apples - I Have Known Love

Song Ten – Tom Waits - In The Neighborhood

Song Eleven – Zoltan Kodaly - Intermezzo from the Hary Janos Suite

Song Twelve – The 23rd Turnoff - Michael Angelo

Song Thirteen – Daft Punk - Motherboard

Song Fourteen – Kraftwerk - Pocket Calculator

Song Fifteen – Florence and the Machine - Queen Of Peace

Song Sixteen – Clothide - Saperlipopette

Song Seventeen – Kate Bush – The Dreaming

Song Eighteen – Haris Alexiou - Tsahpin

Song Nineteen – Pizzicato Five - Twiggy Twiggy

Song Twenty– Fiona Apple - Under The Table

Code:
[/size]

[COLOR="Red"][B][U]HOW TO SEND VOTES[/U][/B][/COLOR]

You pick your ten favourite songs [B][U]you cannot vote for the song you have nominated yourself[/U][/B] – 
you award 12 points to your favourite, 10 points to your second favourite, 8 points to your third favourite, 
7 points to your fourth favourite and so on up to your tenth favourite.

Your votes should look like this

[B][SIZE="6"]
PLEASE VOTE FOR SONG TITLES

[/SIZE][/B]

12 – Song Title
10 – Song Title
8 – Song Title
7 – Song Title
6 – Song Title
5 – Song Title
4 – Song Title
3 – Song Title
2 – Song Title
1 – Song Title

PLEASE VOTE FOR THE SONG TITLE

DEADLINES FOR EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS 7PM UK TIME – UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED – Here’s a link to what the time is in the UK :-
local time

Deadline for receiving your votes is WEDNESDAY 27th MAY 2020 7pm UK Time

Voting Ceremony will be THURSDAY 28th MAY 2020 – 8pm
PLEASE VOTE FOR THE SONG TITLE
Please send your votes to AdeyC

·
***** Emeritus
41,647 Posts
I knew it would be hard to get into the final with this song. Thanks for the 12s SilverPersian and Laurent Moy!

Sad to see Daniel Balavoine go.

·
Milk and honey
3,413 Posts
Not my twelve out 😢 @DuaZeepa I am not surprised she didn't qualify but it made for a nice listen.

Happy to have qualified, second in a row now :) even if it's only the third for the last 7/8 or so 😅 especially in 18 song semifinal!

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,816 Posts
I lost both 12s. That just never happens...at least not to me, dammit. :confused:

I honestly can't remember the last time I lost both 12s but I think one would have to go back years. I'm quite surprised with these results to put it mildly. I think it will take bit of time to digest. I will have plenty to say later no doubt... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
17,840 Posts
Expected result for me.
As I said today, I didn't pick wisely just the first song with various instruments and that's all.
Last with 33 points😂😂😂

·
Registered
36,151 Posts
i liked the song by the growing concern a lot. BSG usually digs this kind of dreamy 60s pop with female vocalists, so i'm surprised it's out. as i am about joanna newsom, UMO and adam's "baby" not making it.

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
I lost both 12s. That just never happens...at least not to me, dammit. :confused:

I honestly can't remember the last time I lost both 12s but I think one would have to go back years. I'm quite surprised with these results to put it mildly. I think it will take bit of time to digest. I will have plenty to say later no doubt... :ROFLMAO:
I think this is the first time ever I got 12 points from you in all those years so thats a win at least haha :D

·
33,816 Posts
Gal Costa and Rosalia out...😥

I thought Baby was a sure finalist, great song, Adam! (y)
Same here. It is strange. Tropicalia seems to be a genre that has never caught on in these games. I don't suppose there have been more than around a dozen such entrees over the 300+ games we have had but I can't recall any of them doing terribly well, which is a real shame. Late 60s/ early 70s Brazilian music is pretty magical. Baby is probably the most famous song to come out of the Tropicalia era too. It's a beautiful song. I remember entering the English language Os Mutantes version of the same song a long while back as well, and I as recall that flopped also. It completely baffles me. Wonderful song, wonderful performance, wonderful artists. Ah well......

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I would haven given 12 to several other Jambinai songs, but only 8 to this one. At least it wasn't decisive.

I'm most surprised about Cloissoné's ranking.

Maybe I should be happy I wasn't last, but still shameful. I wrote SF2 reviews to compliment my song since I knew other probably wouldn't. It was a fantastic performance that day and a good sound quality recording. Easily more enjoyable than The Cure.

·
33,816 Posts
I think this is the first time ever I got 12 points from you in all those years so thats a win at least haha :D
I absolutely adored your selection, Poldo. Best discovery of the game for me for sure, and there was a lot of competition too. Have to say They Might Be Giants are not a band I have given a lot of attention too. Listening to this, I really ought to start now. I found this to be an extremely well written, deftly arranged song with great lyrics and a wonderfully off kilter super original and playful arrangement. It really has everything. Snappy, concise and smart. What's not to like? Awesome selection. (There....I used the word "awesome" in it's modern usage. :D ) I loved this song, Poldo, I am baffled why more people didn't appreciate this little modest delight.

·
Registered
29,928 Posts
I absolutely adored your selection, Poldo. Best discovery of the game for me for sure, and there was a lot of competition too. Have to say They Might Be Giants are not a band I have given a lot of attention too. Listening to this, I really ought to start now. I found this to be an extremely well written, deftly arranged song with great lyrics and a wonderfully off kilter super original and playful arrangement. It really has everything. Snappy, concise and smart. What's not to like? Awesome selection. (There....I used the word "awesome" in it's modern usage. :D ) I loved this song, Poldo, I am baffled why more people didn't appreciate this little modest delight.
It's not really the kind of music I usually listen to but I was unsure what to send for this theme and decided to go out of my comfort zone a bit. It didn't really pay off result-wise but I'm glad you liked it as well!

181 - 200 of 262 Posts