Tennis Forum banner

281 - 292 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
36,172 Posts
Also, I had zero points for Tom Lehrer and Jay Hawkins,
LOL

Not sure if humor was Dorau's intention with the song, but as said, it always cracks me up when I hear it.
i think humour was a huge part in most songs from the "neue deutsche welle".

A little disappointed I did not do better
great pick, MMX, i laughed my head off. and anal c*nt is also a great band name. but the song is pretty extreme, so i wouldn't be disappointed.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Chris handing the win to Adam at the last minute. 🤦 and losing with a song that didn't eqaute humour with vulgarity. Oh well, congrats to the winners and thanks to Adey.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,870 Posts
Chris handing the win to Adam at the last minute. 🤦 and losing with a song that didn't eqaute humour with vulgarity. Oh well, congrats to the winners and thanks to Adey.
Tom Lehrer's songwriting is very versatile though, and he isn't adverse to a little vulgarity himself.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
33,870 Posts
you know that "lehrer" means "teacher" in german? he really looks like one.
He is a teacher as well. He has taught Political Science, Musical Theatre and Math in university. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in mathematics from Harvard University magna cum laude. So yeah, the name fits. Lehrer is one of those annoying people who is super intelligent and good at everything he puts his hand to. He's kind of like Boris Vian or Noel Coward in that respect.

·
7,688 Posts
Of all the songs I sent, this is the one I really didn't expect would win so that is a nice surprise.

But my sense of humour is very immature and very vulgar.

·
Registered
8,125 Posts
Dramatic ending last night I see. 😅 This might be my first ever 12 for you Chris and very deserved for this funny song. :cool:

Congrats to real number 1 Adam, cementing his ranking spot (and thanks for your 12 points).

Happily surprised by my song making 14th place, did expect way worse.

·
7,688 Posts
@Shvedbarilescu It's always a treat when one of my entries is able to secure double digits from you. I do feel bad that it came at the expense of your entry taking the top spot. A very fine and witty entry from you that would have made for an extremely worthy winner.

@Fortitude South Park will always get my 12 :p Should have been evident given that Beat, The Crow and I all submitted the same South Park entry for the Cartoon game a year back.

The next theme is essentially a rehash of a theme Beat introduced a couple of years ago that I felt yielded some very fine entries and it was a game I thoroughly enjoyed. Here's hoping it's another great one :)

·
Registered
36,172 Posts
South Park will always get my 12 :p Should have been evident given that Beat, The Crow and I all submitted the same South Park entry for the Cartoon game a year back.
i did not, my nomination was "inspector gadget". but "chocolate salty balls" certainly got my 12. 😀

·
***** Emeritus
41,690 Posts
@Fortitude South Park will always get my 12 :p Should have been evident given that Beat, The Crow and I all submitted the same South Park entry for the Cartoon game a year back.
I thought it was one of Cartman's lesser songs tbh. This is a great one:

But maybe Tristan wasn't even born back then ;)

281 - 292 of 292 Posts