Tennis Forum banner

81 - 100 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
35,777 Posts
i sent M83's "skin of the night" for game 52 and finished 5th. he's been nominated 4 times in total (before this game).

IMO, it should be consistent if it's gonna be addressed or not addressed at all if it is selective.
this for sure. i mean, why is selecting kim wilde being called out while the marvin gaye win recently was applauded enthusiastically? both artists have been sent pretty much the same amount of times.

personally i feel like joris, re-discoveries or even the odd big banger vulture smash hit are totally fine with me. i'm simply happy we have fairly large games again.

·
Registered
19,012 Posts
So, it seems like nothing has changed and people will never discover new music. Sad times for this depleted game.

·
Registered
13,455 Posts
i sent M83's "skin of the night" for game 52 and finished 5th. he's been nominated 4 times in total (before this game).

this for sure. i mean, why is selecting kim wilde being called out while the marvin gaye win recently was applauded enthusiastically? both artists have been sent pretty much the same amount of times.

personally i feel like joris, re-discoveries or even the odd big banger vulture smash hit are totally fine with me. i'm simply happy we have fairly large games again.
And I didn't think I'd heard of him. That's scary. :oops:

·
7,314 Posts
For me at least, Kim Wilde has finished 2nd or higher the last 4 or 5 times her songs have featured in the game so I can understand the validity of complaints. But then other artists have varying results so it's somewhat inconsistent. I nominated Marvin Gaye and didn't make the final. It may have been Litotes who also nominated Marvin Gaye and finished dead last as well.

My gripe was more that one person can send an artist and nothing is said. Another sends that exact artist, it's criticised. And then the artist is nominated again by someone else later on and nothing. But I digress because it's been really good for the last few months and it should be kept that way.

·
Registered
19,012 Posts
And this came from Beat. :haha: Don't forget you were the one who also nominated Kim Wilde in order to vulture the game. You succeeded.I truly admire your appreciation when someone else tries to pick a risky pick, but why are you complaining about Marvin Gaye out of all people? Second, why don't you try do do that yourself? You recently won with Bjork's Bachelorette, ffs. Then tell me it was done with sincere intentions.

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
All this complaining about vultures bodes well for my first time nominee. If it doesn't get rewarded accordingly, heads will roll.

·
Registered
19,520 Posts
For me at least, Kim Wilde has finished 2nd or higher the last 4 or 5 times her songs have featured in the game so I can understand the validity of complaints. But then other artists have varying results so it's somewhat inconsistent. I nominated Marvin Gaye and didn't make the final. It may have been Litotes who also nominated Marvin Gaye and finished dead last as well.

My gripe was more that one person can send an artist and nothing is said. Another sends that exact artist, it's criticised. And then the artist is nominated again by someone else later on and nothing. But I digress.
That was the post disco game, wasn't it?.

This was a comment I made back then. "You know in all these years I've never thought of Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing as a disco track but as a very sensual RnB pop number but alas it does say 'post-disco' on Wikipedia"

·
***** Emeritus
41,346 Posts
I enter these games for similar reasons like you mentioned.

I do concede I was reactionary and that's mostly because I've been on the receiving end as well. But I'm just not really understanding the line here with some posters because there does appear to be double standards, which shouldn't exist. IMO, it should be consistent if it's gonna be addressed or not addressed at all if it is selective.
Of course it's going to be inconsistent, since it's (very subjective) people posting it. That's why, in the end, I always try to rate the songs on their own individual merit (bar some clearly ineligible songs).

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
99% Revolution - Mustafina
Apricot Morning - SRB Analyst
Back Street Luv - Shvedbarilescu
Breathe - zvonarevarulz
Carpenter - Sammo
China Girl - aeromash
Comment te Dire Adieu - AdeyC
Emigration - Laurent Moy
Go! - Adam
Guarda che Luna - Fortitude
Hiéroglyphes - histery
How Deep is Your Love - The Crow :D
I Want You Around - DropShotAce
Imam Sve - Silent Bird
Junge Römer - Mauriac
Know Your Chicken - SilverPersian

... to be continued (maybe) .....

·
Registered
12,148 Posts
So, it seems like nothing has changed and people will never discover new music. Sad times for this depleted game.
M83 is actually the best discovery I've made from these games. I had not heard of M83 until Beat nominated Skin Of The Night. I recognized Midnight City when I heard it afterwards but I hadn't caught the name of the artist and I was anyway not really interested in that song. And MC is the only single they ever had that charted anywhere outside the French-speaking world, if we can trust wikipedia on this. And it's not like they're among the most heavily nominated artists in these games, not are they a given podium position if they appear. If they're still too well known for you, then you're very demanding.

I'm mixing things up myself. Some times I use fairly well known artists, which please some participants, but can also give last or close to last places. Other times I use little known artists, which please very few and will even more often be last or close to last. On a very rare occasion I stumble upon something that gives a decent or even good result, those will most often be from the first category (my three wins are: 1) Extremely well known, 2) Extremely well known, 3) Basically unheard of outside Lithuania).

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
I remember M83's Wait from the first game I ever played. Almost four years ago. 😅

·
Milk and honey
3,306 Posts
I remember M83's Wait from the first game I ever played. Almost four years ago. 😅
Love that song! Midnight City was their first big hit to my knowledge but after that I really got into them for a while.

·
Registered
17,672 Posts
No n
99% Revolution - Mustafina
Apricot Morning - SRB Analyst
Back Street Luv - Shvedbarilescu
Breathe - zvonarevarulz
Carpenter - Sammo
China Girl - aeromash
Comment te Dire Adieu - AdeyC
Emigration - Laurent Moy
Go! - Adam
Guarda che Luna - Fortitude
Hiéroglyphes - histery
How Deep is Your Love - The Crow :D
I Want You Around - DropShotAce
Imam Sve - Silent Bird
Junge Römer - Mauriac
Know Your Chicken - SilverPersian

... to be continued (maybe) .....
No no no no wrong

·
Administrator
65,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I'd have thought that everything about Kim Wilde oozes vitality and glamour.

·
Registered
19,012 Posts
M83 is actually the best discovery I've made from these games. I had not heard of M83 until Beat nominated Skin Of The Night. I recognized Midnight City when I heard it afterwards but I hadn't caught the name of the artist and I was anyway not really interested in that song. And MC is the only single they ever had that charted anywhere outside the French-speaking world, if we can trust wikipedia on this. And it's not like they're among the most heavily nominated artists in these games, not are they a given podium position if they appear. If they're still too well known for you, then you're very demanding.

I'm mixing things up myself. Some times I use fairly well known artists, which please some participants, but can also give last or close to last places. Other times I use little known artists, which please very few and will even more often be last or close to last. On a very rare occasion I stumble upon something that gives a decent or even good result, those will most often be from the first category (my three wins are: 1) Extremely well known, 2) Extremely well known, 3) Basically unheard of outside Lithuania).
Well known for me. Or very familiar with them. I often sound too harsh, but it is not in that way actually, just my own interpretation.

·
Registered
312 Posts
"Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts" is probably in my top 20 least favorite albums of all time. Haven't listened to them in years though.

81 - 100 of 182 Posts