Tennis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
Well known for me. Or very familiar with them. I often sound too harsh, but it is not in that way actually, just my own interpretation.
Well, just remember that if you talk that way about fairly obscure songs then you're probably just getting people to think nominating obscure is no use anyway, might as well nominate Madonna.

·
Registered
19,025 Posts
No problem. I will still penalise those entries.

·
Registered
19,025 Posts
Vote for what you like, for whatever reasons pleases you. I never expect many points no matter what I send so the promise of not voting for my songs is met with a slight nod and a "Yeah, I expected that" thought.
I did not even say I vote based on that nod. The problem is when people could send whatever they like, it should be something for themselves to discover that music sometimes. I just don't understand that superficiality and monotony at some people. Is it interesting to send something you know over and over? If you want to play that dirty strategic game when you want to send artists that "usually" do well... there is the point I see their true intention. Discover and enjoy music, do not repeat it.

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
I did not even say I vote based on that nod. The problem is when people could send whatever they like, it should be something for themselves to discover that music sometimes. I just don't understand that superficiality and monotony at some people. Is it interesting to send something you know over and over? If you want to play that dirty strategic game when you want to send artists that "usually" do well... there is the point I see their true intention. Discover and enjoy music, do not repeat it.
You've said it about my songs a couple of times. Do you really think I play a dirty strategic game to get maximum votes? I send songs I hope people like. Occasionally I try to please those who hope for something they haven't heard before. Occasionally I try to please those who like mainstream music and won't care if they've heard the songs before. Their participation is as important as anyone else's. I also look at who chose the theme. If they like obscure I'm more likely to go that way, if they don't I'm not. But it's one consideration among several so no guarantee. Has to be theme compliant over all. And some themes are sufficiently difficult as to leave me little choice if I want to fulfill that.

How would you think about a player who has only listened to mainstream radio, loves music but has never in his/her life heard anything you would consider appropriately obscure? Welcome? Not welcome?

·
Registered
19,025 Posts
You've said it about my songs a couple of times. Do you really think I play a dirty strategic game to get maximum votes? I send songs I hope people like. Occasionally I try to please those who hope for something they haven't heard before. Occasionally I try to please those who like mainstream music and won't care if they've heard the songs before. Their participation is as important as anyone else's. I also look at who chose the theme. If they like obscure I'm more likely to go that way, if they don't I'm not. But it's one consideration among several so no guarantee. Has to be theme compliant over all. And some themes are sufficiently difficult as to leave me little choice if I want to fulfill that.

How would you think about a player who has only listened to mainstream radio, loves music but has never in his/her life heard anything you would consider appropriately obscure? Welcome? Not welcome?
First part I left unsaid. Well, I sad many times you and Adey had true intentions and you are just massive fans of them. What happens when we have the cases like in Over 4M?

Welcome. Everyone is welcome. He/She's probably nowhere near to my liking music-wise, but that does not mean he cannot play this game.

·
***** Emeritus
41,389 Posts
In the end, you also want to submit a song from a (mainstream) artist you really like. For instance, I'm a fairly big Bjork fan, so why could I not send a song of hers because others have done so before? (and I think this goes double for Beat when he submitted Bachelorette)

·
Registered
13,467 Posts
^ looking good as always.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
For me at least, Kim Wilde has finished 2nd or higher the last 4 or 5 times her songs have featured in the game so I can understand the validity of complaints. But then other artists have varying results so it's somewhat inconsistent. I nominated Marvin Gaye and didn't make the final. It may have been Litotes who also nominated Marvin Gaye and finished dead last as well.

My gripe was more that one person can send an artist and nothing is said. Another sends that exact artist, it's criticised. And then the artist is nominated again by someone else later on and nothing. But I digress because it's been really good for the last few months and it should be kept that way.
"Sexual Healing" was a rather unfortunate victim of its own commercial success, as participants who could usually appreciate Marvin Gaye or some other critically acclaimed, but not "hit-making" singer, usually tend to reward more unknown and obscure nominations out of the singer's catalogue... That is something you do not often see regarding the more commercially successful and/or pop singers, as those have their own set of fans who are usually as loyal to the singers themselves as they are to the songs...

BSG has its own unusual rules and voting patterns, something that I came to quite enjoy it in the end, even if not completely or partially understanding it... I mean, "Satisfaction" and "Bohemian Rhapsody" for example, are usually in all of the critics and music experts 'best songs of all time" lists, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were to fare rather poorly on BSG's recent voting environment... :unsure:

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Omg, that adorable smiling Thai braceface! 😍🥰 Wanna kiss Phum for hours.

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
How did Commander end being Carpenter? :unsure:
Another question for Adey's interviews I suppose..
SF points sent!

·
Registered
19,025 Posts
Omg, that adorable smiling Thai braceface! 😍🥰 Wanna kiss Phum for hours.
I mean, he looks decent/cute. That guitar strap. :eek:h:

·
Administrator
65,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Heres the songs in list format for those who use Florin's sheet to rank the songs at :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kihtk84tfk5mvld/bsg-rank%20songs.xlsx?dl=0

SEMI FINAL – ONE
99% Revolution
Apricot Morning
Back Street Luv
Breathe
Carpenter
China Girl
Comment Te Dire Adieu
Emigration
Go!
Guarda che luna
Hiéroglyphes
How Deep Is Your Love
I Want You Around
Imam Sve
Junge Römer
Know Your Chicken
SEMI FINAL - TWO
Love Is Holy
Love Wave
Lover Boy
Luxury
My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
New York, New York
One Of The Girls
Play The Game
Post-Modern Sleaze
Regarde Nous
Serve The Ego
So Weit Wie Noch Nie
Tom The Model
Whatever Lola Wants
Woman

·
Administrator
65,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #119

·
Registered
29,878 Posts
Even though her songs are sometimes catchy, Kim Wilde has always been one of my least favourite singers. Very annoying piss-poor voice. Things like that should stay in the 80s. My life is now a tiny bit worse for having heard another of her songs songs.

101 - 120 of 200 Posts