Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
29,592 Posts
Marissa Nadler
Timber Timbre

Were they really not nominated before? Can someone check?

·
Registered
35,690 Posts
just on a quick glance, there's already multiple artists that were used before:
  • kedr livanskiy
  • alcest
  • first aid kit
  • agnetha faltskog
  • wyclef jean
there might be more, but i can't go through everything.

i guess lots of people read the theme title and just skip the actual description …

·
Administrator
64,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Two replacements have been done overnight.

·
Registered
18,864 Posts
Marissa Nadler
Timber Timbre

Were they really not nominated before? Can someone check?
They were not. Now we need to see 2 more replacements.

·
***** Emeritus
41,104 Posts
I'm sure it will be better than this (dreary) open game I am listening to at the moment. It can hardly be worse. I'm almost through this one and I have found only five songs I full heartedly embrace. That said, not sure this one will be able to match the glories of the smile game.
I guess it doesn't come as a surprise, but I think the open game is much better than your smiles game.

·
Registered
19,440 Posts
oh my lord. I think this additional criterion on "previously unnominated artists" probably ought to be appended to the title to be less ambiguous.

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
I suspect the problem for some people was that there was a large gap between the fitrst condition and the second and you had to click on 'read more' at the bottom of the quote to see the second part. People probably thought there was nothing of substance in the lower part of the quote.

·
Registered
18,864 Posts
I suspect the problem for some people was that there was a large gap between the fitrst condition and the second and you had to click on 'read more' at the bottom of the quote to see the second part. People probably thought there was nothing of substance in the lower part of the quote.
Although if they wish to participate, they were only one click away not to fail. Not the first time it happened. Even in my theme Mathematician, I wanted "Face The Fire" to be replaced, because face is the verb. I could not be arsed to be called by names, so I decided to leave it how it is.

·
Administrator
64,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Songs 2, 22 and 25 have had replacements sent - not yet had a replacement for Song 5

·
Administrator
64,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I'll give until tonight for the replacement for Song 5 to be sent - then I'll do the MP3's and update everything......

·
Registered
35,690 Posts
i think so, too. in fact it happened to me, but then litotes wrote "10s and previously unnominated. That's actually what I had just missing the final in 307." in his first post, so i went back and read the whole thing.

·
Registered
17,585 Posts
I almost send already used songs.
I checked a few times my list trying to find something new and I finally found a decent song for my taste. Not the best of the artist, but a good one.
Anyway, I dont expect a final here.

·
Administrator
64,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Heres the songs in list format for those who use Florin's sheet to rank the songs at :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kihtk84tfk5mvld/bsg-rank%20songs.xlsx?dl=0

SEMI FINAL - ONE
Brazilia
Betty
Between the Buttons
Clearing, Dawn, Dance
Fading
Fire Flames
Freeze
Gecko
Hey Sweet
Hong Kong 2046
Hot Dreams
Jewel Thief
Lemon
SEMI FINAL - TWO
Memphis
Nervous
Never Have Enough
Pretty Face
Rock On
Royalty
Skyscraper
La Prima Estate
There's a reason why (I never returned your calls)
Trinchera
What About My Dreams
Woods of Solitude
Wyclef Jean

61 - 80 of 221 Posts