Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
12,915 Posts
I think I have been over this before but I will try again.

I have already acknowledged this a subjective theme. My own view is there are very few songs I personally hear smiles coming from that are made by one individual fiddling around on a computer. For me this kind of emotion tends to come from interactions with others and be spontaneous in nature. But if I am entirely honest, even I can find exceptions to this premise. And the theme is clearly for each participant to find songs they hear smiles in, not songs I myself here smiles in. So if you feel you can hear smiles in a song, that song fits the criteria of the game regardless of what I (or anyone else) thinks of it.

Of course if others don't hear the same level of smiles in a song the person who enters it does that song might not do especially well in the game, but I don't honestly see how, in the manner in which I have proposed this theme that any song can be judged ineligible.

At the end of the day, I trust the judgement of the participants of this game to find songs that they themselves hear smiles from and I am confident this will produce a game with a lot of expressed happiness in it.

Having said all that, when it comes time for me to vote on the songs in this theme, naturally I will be giving the highest points to the songs I personally hear the most smiles and joy from and I would expect others will vote for the songs they hear the most smiles from as well.
So if there was a song you didn't like but it was very 'smiley' would you give it more points than a song you liked but wasn't 'smiley'?

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
So if there was a song you didn't like but it was very 'smiley' would you give it more points than a song you liked but wasn't 'smiley'?
Let's not try to complicate things too much or this game will quickly become a game of frowns.

·
Registered
12,915 Posts
Let's not try to complicate things too much or this game will quickly become a game of frowns.
I'm not complicating things I'm just asking Chris what his approach will be.

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
32,537 Posts
Heard to say without knowing songs. But honestly I suspect any songs that I don't hear smiles from this game probably won't be songs that appeal to me anyway and they would be unlikely to get my points. But the picture will obviously be clearer when I know the playlist. I can answer you question better then. :)

·
32,537 Posts
Smiling faces... sometimes?
Well to be fair, given the theme of this game, everyone will be entering songs they think are full of smiles. ;) But how other participants interpret those songs and how much they hear those smiles is a reflection of the subjective nature of this theme.

·
Administrator
63,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
12 songs nominated so far :

1 AdeyC
2 Latvian
3 Silent Bird
4 SilverPersian
5 Laurent Moy
6 N.M.
7 Beat
8 DropShotAce
9 Lord Choc Ice
10 Matmagix
11 Mauriac
12 The Crow

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
One random song I think I hear smiles is "Afternoon Delight", as in, it feels like they find the song a bit of a chuckle.
hehe that Anchorman scene with perfect harmonies.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Slightly overrated movie for me TBH, but that scene's definitely memorable :p.
it's not that great but I was participating in a psych experiment with the EEG cap on where I was told not to smile and they showed a scene of these guys all laughing and I tried so hard (unsuccessfully) to suppress it. They showed a bunch of Africans getting slaughtered en masse before they showed me this, I suppose for contrast.

Which reminds me of this artist who puts the contagiousness in smiling...

·
Administrator
63,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
14 songs nominated so far :

1 AdeyC
2 Latvian
3 Silent Bird
4 SilverPersian
5 Laurent Moy
6 N.M.
7 Beat
8 DropShotAce
9 Lord Choc Ice
10 Matmagix
11 Mauriac
12 The Crow
13 resident_bizarre
14 aerosmash

·
Administrator
63,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

1 AdeyC
2 Latvian
3 Silent Bird
4 SilverPersian
5 Laurent Moy
6 N.M.
7 Beat
8 DropShotAce
9 Lord Choc Ice
10 Matmagix
11 Mauriac
12 The Crow
13 resident_bizarre
14 aerosmash

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
The advantage of live performances is when your ears think you are hearing a smile you also have your eyes to confirm it. :cool: I would imagine we will have several live performances in this theme..... and rightly so. :)
Speaking of live performances, there are many I like, but this one I enjoy a lot. But I think I have already used it before :(

·
32,537 Posts
Speaking of live performances, there are many I like, but this one I enjoy a lot. But I think I have already used it before :(
I love that song so much. :love: I find myself listening to Billy Childish more and more over the last few years. Thee Heatcoatees really were a joy live. I'd go to their concerts and be totally soaked with sweat from jumping around so much. Good times. I really hope you enter this game Boban.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
I love that song so much. :love: I find myself listening to Billy Childish more and more over the last few years. Thee Heatcoatees really were a joy live. I'd go to their concerts and be totally soaked with sweat from jumping around so much. Good times. I really hope you enter this game Boban.
Oh, I am playing this one for sure :D

·
***** Emeritus
40,994 Posts
For a moment there, I thought you were doing a play on words with Billie Eilish :eek:

·
Administrator
63,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #80

1 AdeyC
2 Latvian
3 Silent Bird
4 SilverPersian
5 Laurent Moy
6 N.M.
7 Beat